• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP- Ebas sketch or commision

50 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a place to buy some EBAS sketches or get in touch with his representative to get him to do some skecth.... BUT my google-fu is weak (or that he's really good in hiding from the internet) Does anybody out here knows who is his rep??? or atleast point me in the right direction..... thanx :foryou:

My experience is that you have to wait in line while your sketch is being done. This is kinda hard for anyone helping people at shows as it could take almost a full day just to complete 1 request.

He pretty much takes care of true fans at cons who will wait hours and hours for sketches from what I've seen. And he'll keep getting interrupted obviously to sign stuff or meet other fans. Go to convention and good luck!

My experience is that you have to wait in line while your sketch is being done. This is kinda hard for anyone helping people at shows as it could take almost a full day just to complete 1 request.

Especially if he hit the sauce hard the night before.

I will chime in here with what I know. Lord knows I have answered enough PM's about this at this point, take everything as with a grain of salt. I may be wrong, but passing along what I know.

As starpc said, Mike is his art rep. You can certainly set up a commission through him. Commission, not sketch.

Eric will do two types of work. Sketches and full blown commissions. If you want one of the later, contact Mike and set it up but be aware that artist charge a fair amount more for full done work then they do for covers. The other way is to get a sketch from him at a con.

Eric does not make anything precon, and does not take a list. He shows up and does sketches in either pencil and ink or pencil ink and copic depending on what you want. If you are getting a sketch from him you wait in his line while it gets done. You can't drop your book and leave and come back and pick it up. He takes a fair amount of time with his sketches, so he gives it to the fans that are willing to wait. If you are getting a sketch at a con, that could well be the entire day.

Good luck! (thumbs u

I will chime in here with what I know. Lord knows I have answered enough PM's about this at this point, take everything as with a grain of salt. I may be wrong, but passing along what I know.

As starpc said, Mike is his art rep. You can certainly set up a commission through him. Commission, not sketch.

Eric will do two types of work. Sketches and full blown commissions. If you want one of the later, contact Mike and set it up but be aware that artist charge a fair amount more for full done work then they do for covers. The other way is to get a sketch from him at a con.

Eric does not make anything precon, and does not take a list. He shows up and does sketches in either pencil and ink or pencil ink and copic depending on what you want. If you are getting a sketch from him you wait in his line while it gets done. You can't drop your book and leave and come back and pick it up. He takes a fair amount of time with his sketches, so he gives it to the fans that are willing to wait. If you are getting a sketch at a con, that could well be the entire day.

Good luck! (thumbs u

Been there done that, that is Eric's process.

Here's a piece up for sale on CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=881129&GSub=115909

Not mine, just saw it recently added.

Will he do commissions of this quality at a show? What does he typically charge?

PowerGirl_SMALL.jpg

I think that the Alice that he did for Troy at Emerald City was as nice as this. Check it out in the ECCC thread.

Here's a piece up for sale on CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=881129&GSub=115909

Not mine, just saw it recently added.

Will he do commissions of this quality at a show? What does he typically charge?

PowerGirl_SMALL.jpg

I don't think this piece was done at a con. This looks like one of his at home commissions which according to his CAF gallery is about a $500 piece.

I've been looking for a place to buy some EBAS sketches or get in touch with his representative to get him to do some skecth.... BUT my google-fu is weak (or that he's really good in hiding from the internet) Does anybody out here knows who is his rep??? or atleast point me in the right direction..... thanx :foryou:

Go to a show, stand in line.

Go to a show, stand in line.

You can stand 2 spots behind me in Pittsburgh.

Especially if he hit the sauce hard the night before.

What do you mean "if"?

As others have mentioned, that is his at home work. It runs 750 - 1000 and up and you need to contact his art rep and wait. His at home work is amazing, no doubt.

If you want to see the difference between con sketches and take home, visit my link.

Troys books