• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing to a 9.9 or higher?

15 posts in this topic

So lately I've really gotten into The Incredible Hulk volume 4 run and especially some of the different variant covers. I was wondering if you buy one in near mint raw does the possibility exist that it could be pressed to a 9.9 or higher?

Wow people want to press brand new comics to get a 9.9 or 10? Pressing will be the downfall of comic book collecting,it's already affecting the prices of keys.Is there no end to the lunacy? doh!

So lately I've really gotten into The Incredible Hulk volume 4 run and especially some of the different variant covers. I was wondering if you buy one in near mint raw does the possibility exist that it could be pressed to a 9.9 or higher?

always the possibility, but most likely won't happen.

I'm not doing this to flip books to make a profit. I'm doing this to add to my collection and 35 years from now smile that I have a Hulk variant graded at a 9.9. Their is nothing wrong with that.

I'm not doing this to flip books to make a profit. I'm doing this to add to my collection and 35 years from now smile that I have a Hulk variant graded at a 9.9. Their is nothing wrong with that.

Anything is possible. :whistle:

ItGoesto11.jpg

Send it to joey so he can press away those OW/W pages.

Unless he can press them from OW/W to "Diamond White" I ain't bitin'.

That image is fake. You can't get an 11 with ow/w pages.

It was a solid 13 if it would've had White ones.

99.99% of the time the (miniscule) defects that keep a book at 9.8 aren't pressable - if you want to waste your money, go right ahead :thumbsup:
Didn't know if maybe indentations would knock a book from 9.9 to a 9.8. I do appreciate your reply and honesty. I'll take a 9.8 and certainly enjoy it. One solid reply out of nearly a dozen isn't bad.

Yup, I agree with you.

I guess it could be done but really it is just gambling and probably wasting your money. 9.6's and 9.8's are great too!