• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there anyway to see in the census/registry who signed a CGC SS book?

18 posts in this topic

Hi is there anyway to tell who signed someone else's CGC SS book?, or how many sigs are on that book? In the census/registry?

For example:

I might gain some satisfaction knowing that I have the highest 9.8 Robert Kirkman SS vs a 9.8 Tony Moore of a certain issue. Or something signed by all the actors. But can I check the rarity of the sigs somehow?

Sorry this may be a dumb question

If you have the CGC number attached on the label, ergo

And you know the grade and title, you can go to cgccomics.com and find "Verify registration" then I believe it'll pull up all the details for you to who signed it, page quality, etc.

What if I don't know the ID#?

Any way to see if I have the only Robert Kirkman Tony Mooreand cast and feel smug about it?

Given the census has eight 9.8 CGC SS

thanks guys, this has been sad but helpful. since they track the info, its weird that its not available. i'm not saying they should share specific information matched with a number or who the owner is, but general census information. like how many SS are 2x or 3x, or who signed them. i would think that would ultimately make them more money since people would get competitive or get new ideas for signers.

Dam did i just give away a money-making idea for free?

Hopefully they're moving towards that.

thanks guys, this has been sad but helpful. since they track the info, its weird that its not available. i'm not saying they should share specific information matched with a number or who the owner is, but general census information. like how many SS are 2x or 3x, or who signed them. i would think that would ultimately make them more money since people would get competitive or get new ideas for signers.

Dam did i just give away a money-making idea for free?

Hopefully they're moving towards that.

More info is not the direction anything is moving.

I'd like to build a website which could provide this information. Would anyone be interested in that?

I was thinking about such a project few months ago and started a thread...but it was fallen into oblivion.

I have webspace and a url already for such a project.

Certainly I would appreciate it, but its seems like a huge undertaking for a CGC non-employee, and a relatively simpler thing for CGC since they track all that data anyways. Hell they could even make it part of their premium service for their first 1 or 2 years until they recoup their costs.

I think there are probably at least 15-20 members on this site who are capable and if given the opportunity would go consult or program with CGC for free or a few free gradings.

I haven't done programming since college but some of the logic streams are coming to me pretty easily just thinking about it.

So if anyone at CGC is reading this, please consider it, just hire a local comp sci grad student to do it or something (or a friendly smart CGC member), it seems very doable to me. And I'm sure it will generate more web traffic and get even more people to do CGC SS (or people who already do it to do it more), which all means more money and more comprehensive service provided, with relatively little additional investment.

dam why do I keep giving these ideas away for free?

can handle? awesome.

but will they handle?