• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My X-Men #1 *Opinions Wanted!!

18 posts in this topic

What's up people, I bought this book as a vg- on Feebay (glad I didn't pay book), but it has the major defect of a bottom cover spine split(last 2 pics) of exactly 1 1/4 in., so I'm guessing it's less. Per Overstreet Guidelines, Vg only allows for a 1 in. spine split but g/vg goes all the way to 1 1/2 in., so I guess it's probably nicer than a 3.0. But is it a 3.5? Many times I'll split the difference when the price differential is $200+ between half grades like this example. 3.25 anyone?? (shrug)

All input is appreciated!

$(KGrHqJHJDgE9dcbeS+hBPhTC1o9zw~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqEOKkUE7!CJ1)36BPhTEIuQSg~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqFHJDUE63ZS!c,,BPhTFGLrS!~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqJHJDIE8gNO0putBPhTET3keg~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqJHJC4E914wku6yBPhTE(,eUw~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqZHJEME92Bd2D),BPhTFVEGf!~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqNHJF!E91+6nU8hBPhTF9WnWg~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqZHJEEE94gg)r+EBPhTGJg6Ww~~60_57.JPG

That spine is pretty rough with that split. It's a tough call but when looking at the small pieces off the top and bottom corners, I have to say 2.5.

3.0 on a good day, maybe. Just my 2c

That spine is pretty rough with that split. It's a tough call but when looking at the small pieces off the top and bottom corners, I have to say 2.5.

+1 I'm with the good DR.

the good DR.

:whistle:

the good DR.

Agreed! (thumbs u

I'd say 2.5 to be safe, maybe a soft 3.0. It's kind of an unusual condition... the spine is worn to death, but the book has a lot of positive qualities (clean image area, bold colors, etc). I could understand a 'wishful thinking' 3.5 but I think it's probably a bit optimistic.

the good DR.

Alright, evil DR. :headbang:

the good DR.

Alright, evil DR. :headbang:

I don't know about evil, but you could put an array of other words in there.