• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

for all you spawn haters!!!

13 posts in this topic

Who is a Spawn hater? I collected the title when it first came out all the way to issue #50 or so...loved the art and the story was pretty cool! thumbsup2.gif

Who is a Spawn hater? I collected the title when it first came out all the way to issue #50 or so...loved the art and the story was pretty cool! thumbsup2.gif

Awesome... however if you've read some of my previous posts, there seem to be some anti-spawn advocates haunting the boards smile.gif

The $500 price tag IS whats funny, I wouldn't pay $500 for a single book, its just so way beyond my means, let alone for a spawn #1!

Vince

Awesome... however if you've read some of my previous posts, there seem to be some anti-spawn advocates haunting the boards smile.gif

The $500 price tag IS whats funny, I wouldn't pay $500 for a single book, its just so way beyond my means, let alone for a spawn #1!

Vince

Vince, I remember that thread, and you were asking if Spawns would be a good investment.

Many of the individuals including myself, didn't think that Spawn was a good investment

monetarally, just because this series was produced at a time were everybody was

keeping these books in NM/M shape.

With that in mind, if everyone has pristine copies of this comic series then

there is no room for demand in the future and doesn't make a wise choice for your

investment dollar.

On the other hand, I love Spawn I have 1-100 because I like to read it. I stopped at issue 100

because I don't have room in my house and with that in mind I have to pick the moderns that

I buy with the thought of which titles are the most important to me.

The case of Spawn #1 CGC 10.0 going for $500 doesn't surprise me,

because there aren't that many out there.

If you look on eBay and search for CGC 10.0 you see anything that has this level of condition

is going for ridiculous money.

Oh well, not to rant. I just wanted to clarify what I thought is a misunderstanding on that

last thread.

flowerred.gif

I see... still learning, I apologize, but it struck me as funny. smile.gif

I've given up the pipe dream of collecting as an investment, its too late for me, with my limited resources, I figure spending $50 a month on average is probably a lot, but doable. With that in mind, I'd like my $50 to stretch to the breaking point, buying books I'll enjoy rather than books that I'm afraid to breathe near.

Thanks for the help tho, all of you, for all your good advice.

Vince

... however if you've read some of my previous posts, there seem to be some anti-spawn advocates haunting the boards

I don't think thats true at all. You came on asking advice about a purchase and were told that Spawn books were very common in HG and don't lay out too much money for them. Its not a case of hating Spawn, but the books were over-produced and are very easy to come by in HG, plain and simple.

The book on Comiclink is nothing more than a manufactured collectable, and at that price tag should be avoided IMHO.

... however if you've read some of my previous posts, there seem to be some anti-spawn advocates haunting the boards

I don't think thats true at all. You came on asking advice about a purchase and were told that Spawn books were very common in HG and don't lay out too much money for them. Its not a case of hating Spawn, but the books were over-produced and are very easy to come by in HG, plain and simple.

The book on Comiclink is nothing more than a manufactured collectable, and at that price tag should be avoided IMHO.

He was also given some excellent advice on how to read his NM Spawns. sumo.gif

I agree. I was one of the people who posted in that thread, encouraging shadow to rethink his approach and not waste his money. It has nothing to do with wasting it on Spawn (I have no strong feelings toward Spawn either way), it had to do with wasting it, period, especially since you were interested in speculating.

I've seen you (Shadow) make similar comments in other threads about the people who posted in that thread and were giving you advice, and I'm a little confused as to why. I'm not sure whether you either don't appreciate the time people took to give you (you say you do, but then you continue to make those comments in other threads), you just don't like the advice you were given, or you just heard what you wanted to hear (i.e., we were "Spawn haters" because we told you not to pay $1.50 per issue for a 100-issue run of Spawn).