• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Know if there are any foreign variants of Adams House of Secrets 88?

Relatos Fabulosos Novaro 156 1972 (Mexico)

FOBOS williams 1 1972 (Italy)

Gli Albi della Williams nr. 9 del 1973 (Italy)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290836541679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I have been watching this Superman #300 Japanese variant since about September on ebay. The seller has the book WAY overpriced and has only come down from $200 to $150 since then.

From searching high and low it is the only Japanese version I have ever seen.

The guy is kinda temperamental and just wont budge on such a steep price.

Tim, Hector, Matt, or Liam: What is your opinions or 2 cents on this book?

I really want it because I think it will be the "baby jesus" of the #300 set.

I would love to rub it in this guys face if i could find another for even hald the price to show him he is way over no such market on it. He was at first not even nice and would not show me extra pics therefore making me very cautious...

Is this Japanese book one the "holy grail" of Superman variants???

some books in one of those "bort bort" languages ;) the interiors are in black and white. which would be cool for looking at the OA, but the print quality is kinda crappy. love that batman with "john jones" the martian manhunter.

the DDs are for me, but the others are available if anyone is interested.

sqTzm.jpgdXJ3a.jpg

LzpTh.jpgNPzrh.jpgsIwv0.jpg

YkNb3.jpgyvo2E.jpg

sS1JS.jpg92cec.jpg

Edited by porky

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290836541679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I have been watching this Superman #300 Japanese variant since about September on ebay. The seller has the book WAY overpriced and has only come down from $200 to $150 since then.

I would love to rub it in this guys face if i could find another for even hald the price to show him he is way over no such market on it. He was at first not even nice and would not show me extra pics therefore making me very cautious...

I'd say that's one of the rarest ones I've ever encountered. If you have the funds, grab it because you won't see it again for awhile.

Nope, I had it (Superman 156 - Novaro 1122), but sold it!

The image comes from Bauldelcomic.com. They have thousands of Mexican variant covers scanned, (some 90 of which I scanned from comics I do own). Browse through their site. It is amazing.

And nobody commented on my Italian Brave and Bold variant. I think it rocks that they used the Neal Adams rejected cover! anyone care to comment?

Edited by gmedina64

:applause: :applause: :applause:

that is super cool! did you commission this??

Commission what?

The Batman sketch blank variant of 227...Is that yours??? It is very cool :)

Love it!!!

Oh yes yes....it was Mike Lilly.. very happy with his work

I got nothin'. (shrug)

Here's my progress so far on the HoM run including what I have beyond #200. (thumbs u

th_HouseofMystery174Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery175aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery176aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery177Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery178Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery180aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery181Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery182Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery183Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery184aMexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery185Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery186Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery187Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery188Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery189Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery190Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery192Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery193aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery194Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery195aMexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery197Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery199Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery209Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery211Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery213Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery214Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery217Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery219Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery231Mexico.jpg

Know if there are any foreign variants of Adams House of Secrets 88?

There is, haven't found one yet.

The novaro one appeared under the title Relatos Fabulosos and it is number 156. A cover scan can be found here:

http://www.kingdomcomics.org/rfabulosos/rfabulosos10.jpg

And nobody commented on my Italian Brave and Bold variant. I think it rocks that they used the Neal Adams rejected cover! anyone care to comment?

it's very cool, but half of us are too lazy to even click on links - we want images in the post - just copy IMG code from the menu on the right on the photobucket page the image is on - and paste.

it's very cool, but half of us are too lazy to even click on links - we want images in the post - just copy IMG code from the menu on the right on the photobucket page the image is on - and paste.

Thanks! I was wondering how you guys did that!

And now, check out this crazy cool Death in The Family Mexican variant by Editorial Vid, heir to Novaro´s glory. It sported a beautiful metallic cover with a painted and embossed version of a Detective comics illo by Alan Davis.

There are practically no copies to be found. I have two and paid 200 US dollars for the second one. The fact that I worked as a translator and assistant editor on this comic makes it all the more special to me!

BatDeathInFamilyMetalic3_zps89e6bce6.jpg