• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

:o I know Novaro also had rights to the Hulk, as they put out a short series featuring him (I own the equivalent of Incredible Hulk #182). Do you know if they put out variants of those issues as well?

Not Epucol....

How about this cool variant on a variant?

Editorial Novaro owned the reproduction rights to all of DC´s characters for exploitation in Latin America and Spain, which at the time, meant that they would sell more copies than DC. This info was passed on to me by Novaro´s Editor in 1982.

So, when the Colombian printing house Epucol wanted to publish their own variants, they had to purchase the trabslated material from Novaro and reprint it adding their own logo.

It indeed is a cool variant....Is this issue in the number 50s???

I myself have been looking for number 41 and 67 for some time now....

Editorial Novaro owned the reproduction rights to all of DC´s characters for exploitation in Latin America and Spain, which at the time, meant that they would sell more copies than DC. This info was passed on to me by Novaro´s Editor in 1982.

So, when the Colombian printing house Epucol wanted to publish their own variants, they had to purchase the trabslated material from Novaro and reprint it adding their own logo.

I don't suppose you know anyone with any of these lying around that would be willing to sell do you? lol

Nope! But a Colombian friend sent me the entire comic scanned.

It´s number 42.

It´s number 42.

They really did "a number" on the sequence..... lol

It´s number 42.

Well, to quote Douglas Adams: "42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything" and, it would seem, Epucol´s numbering scheme which was based on an already messed up version by Novaro. I think Epucol did publish sagas in order, though :)

It´s number 42.

Well, to quote Douglas Adams: "42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything" :)

I always thought that was a quote from Vicente Fernandez

This Batman 404 variant is hard to find in good condition. I, for some unexplainable reason, sold the copy I was given at Editorial Vid where I worked as a translator and assistant editor and had to buy this poor copy recently.

Bat9yearone012_zpsb935aa11.jpg

you translated Batman #70 Grupo Editorial Vid????

I, for some unexplainable reason, sold the copy I was given at Editorial Vid where I worked as a translator and assistant editor and had to buy this poor copy recently.

70_zps16029761.jpg

Yes, I translated numbers 68 to 73 before I started my very brief stint as an assistant editor on the Death in the Family specials and other Batman and superman issues. How did you know I did the translation for number 70? :screwy:

I, for some unexplainable reason, sold the copy I was given at Editorial Vid where I worked as a translator and assistant editor and had to buy this poor copy recently.

70_zps16029761.jpg

Yes, I translated numbers 68 to 73 before I started my very brief stint as an assistant editor on the Death in the Family specials and other Batman and superman issues. How did you know I did the translation for number 70? :screwy:

I knew becasue I set collect all the Batman 423's and it clicked when you mentioned grupo..... :)