• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Only missing the versions Thai and Mexico...well, that i know...and i wouldnt be surpised if someone here knows of another

BRAZIL, GERMANY, FINLAND, NETHERLANDS, US

2013-02-13_17-02-17_680_zpsa7116f83.jpg

You are missing the spanish edition.

I have one, I'll post a scan tonight or tomorrow.

Only missing the versions Thai and Mexico...well, that i know...and i wouldnt be surpised if someone here knows of another

You are missing the spanish edition.

I have one, I'll post a scan tonight or tomorrow.

:foryou:Thank you MARMAT!!!! :foryou:

Great!! Thanks for the help!! Do you know the title name and # off hand??

Know amny way I can locate the mexican version Hombre Arana #468 and #485???

The title is Spiderman, from Forum publisher.

Dont remember the issue number right now.

I got ya Marmat! hm

Here is the Comics Forum Spanish and the Greek Tony....

519760.jpg

SpiderManKabanas_0525.jpg

Im not totally convinced a Turkish doesn't exist.... I looked in the Turkish database and didn't find one but I fumbled through it.... its a little hard to navigate... :gossip:

The title is Spiderman, from Forum publisher.

Dont remember the issue number right now.

i found it! Spiderman 240 Forum (Spain)

I just bought it!! Thanks again Marmat for pointing me in the right direction...

Now if I can just locate that Mexican Hombre Arana 468 and 485 i will be in business!!!

So guys, while searching the Brazilian database for that spidey Tony needed(which I still didnt find!) I came across some very interesting examples of art work re-purposing. Editorial Abril is one publisher that certainly didn't have a problem changing artwork to suit their needs.... the bats 227 rework being a well known example.

These are interesting as well though..... great examples of foreign variants that demand interest because of their novelty and interesting re-imaginings. Man check out Proteus!!! :o Looks like a completely different mutant! :applause:

xmen_proteus_artcomparasin.jpg

Luke-Cage-Hero-For-Hire-artcomaprasin.jpg

Whats up with changing Stranges gaze? lol Look into my eyes.... :headbang:

Doctor-Strange-1artcomaprasin.jpg

Edited by Define999

So guys, while searching the Brazilian database for that spidey Tony needed(which I still didnt find!) I came across some very interesting examples of art work re-purposing. Editorial Abril is one publisher that certainly didn't have a problem changing artwork to suit their needs.... the bats 227 rework being a well known example.

These are interesting as well though..... great examples of foreign variants that demand interest because of their novelty and interesting re-imaginings. Man check out Proteus!!! :o Looks like a completely different mutant! :applause:

Matt , you were looking for this Brazilian:

Homem Aranha Grandes Desafios 5 (Brazil) or a different one???

I was looking for a Spidey 328 for you in the Brazilian database but couldn't find one? (shrug) Did you see the Greek I posted? Is there a Brazilian? Nuno would know for sure I think? hm

I was looking for a Spidey 328 for you in the Brazilian database but couldn't find one? (shrug) Did you see the Greek I posted? Is there a Brazilian? Nuno would know for sure I think? hm

Look at the pic I posted, I have the Brazilian ASM 328...

It is called HULK but its the ASM328 story...

Oh ! lol sorry bout that Tony! Well that's that....

Oh ! lol sorry bout that Tony! Well that's that....

no worries!! And a big shout out to MARMAT for helping me get the Spain version of ASM328...Im about to buy the Thai version and then im just down to Mexcio version...MercadoLibre...Here I come!!!!

Unless GMedina or Gonza can help a brotha out!!!!

@Matt: Very likely it doesn’t look like Proteus because it’s Caliban?

It appears they used the cover art for X-Men #127 for an issue where Caliban is featured…

Oh that’s right? Caliban was like a alien looking guy right? hm So they just used the original art as a guide to include Caliban in the cover artwork? Pretty nifty Abril…..

Thanks for the catch Claudio! (thumbs u

Oh that’s right? Caliban was like a alien looking guy right? hm So they just used the original art as a guide to include Caliban in the cover artwork? Pretty nifty Abril…..

Thanks for the catch Claudio! (thumbs u

:facepalm:

Now you are telling me you have NEVER read an X-Men story with Caliban?

How’s that you know Proteus? lol

Collecting is definitely harmful for good reading… :D

Homework: borrow a good run of X-Factor (the Simonson man & wife run) and learn EVERYTHING about Caliban, the Morlocks, Power Pack & al.

Been sniffing around a safecracking...

Greek Supermans started in the 70's with Neal Adams books

Almost all the covers except...(tear drop) no #233 :(

how do you say "me cry" in greek????

It‘s common: most so-called "keys" did not have a cover appearance in Italy.

oh well, neal adams in Greek is "key' enough for any collector :)

still no 233 or 300 :cry: :cry:

Couple of recent purchases, all Norwegian reprints. The "Young Romance" #181 reprint and the "Metall-Klanen" 1968 issues are very scarse :cloud9:

The Walking Dead issue is a limmited giveway (handed out at stores selling the Dead Island game).

tripplevf_zps97e5cef9.jpg

marsserien05_zpsb4139e64.jpg

romjul_zpsc6dcaa22.jpg

mbaronen03-1981_zps0372e7de.jpg

wdga_zpse48e6cab.jpg

Edited by Andy J.