• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Oh that’s right? Caliban was like a alien looking guy right? hm So they just used the original art as a guide to include Caliban in the cover artwork? Pretty nifty Abril…..

Thanks for the catch Claudio! (thumbs u

:facepalm:

Now you are telling me you have NEVER read an X-Men story with Caliban?

How’s that you know Proteus? lol

Collecting is definitely harmful for good reading… :D

Homework: borrow a good run of X-Factor (the Simonson man & wife run) and learn EVERYTHING about Caliban, the Morlocks, Power Pack & al.

Nah... I have... Just forgot about him.... My reading tastes jumped around a lot... Though to be honest I haven't read any of the x-factor stuff.... Have the .cbrs just haven't gotten around to it! Will do teach! lol (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

Whats up with changing Stranges gaze? lol Look into my eyes.... :headbang:

Doctor-Strange-1artcomaprasin.jpg

Interested in selling this one?

I dont own it dude..... :gossip: but want to! Knowing of its existance is half the battle in foreigns! (thumbs u I will keep an eye out, you keep and eye out and just maybe we will get lucky? :wishluck:

Let’s see if Matt keeps his attention…

Caliban:

21621-3092-24112-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

This seems to explain the hat, so very likely that foreign X-Men (using a reworked Proteus cover) is an X-Men in the range #169-171.

UX169_Caliban.jpg

And this blog explains the Caliban (unrelated) which never made it, very interesting:

http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.it/2012/03/kitty-pryde-and-substitute-x-men.html

Caliban+by+John+Byrne.jpg

Now we want to know what Matt reads right now… lol

Lets see if Matt keeps his attention

Caliban:

21621-3092-24112-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

This seems to explain the hat, so very likely that foreign X-Men (using a reworked Proteus cover) is an X-Men in the range #169-171.

UX169_Caliban.jpg

And this blog explains the Caliban (unrelated) which never made it, very interesting:

http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.it/2012/03/kitty-pryde-and-substitute-x-men.html

Caliban+by+John+Byrne.jpg

Now we want to know what Matt reads right now lol

Looks like some serious X-schooling going on...

Teach on my brethren....

So guys, while searching the Brazilian database for that spidey Tony needed(which I still didnt find!) I came across some very interesting examples of art work re-purposing. Editorial Abril is one publisher that certainly didn't have a problem changing artwork to suit their needs.... the bats 227 rework being a well known example.

which one is the spidey that Tony needed ?