• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

These should probably be shown together too now that I think about it.

th_AmazingSpiderMan101Mexico_zps9f48f059.jpgth_AmazingSpiderMan102pt1Mexico.jpgth_AmazingSpiderMan102pt2Mexico.jpg

Tim, if you should need the #101 and #102 in Italian, I have a copy of each available in VF range.

I may just have to take you up on that at some point. hm

From when is this UK edition of FF #1 is?

I thought in UK they had the Pence copies, the same as the US ones, with just the price difference.

FantasticFour1UnitedKingdom.jpg

It's from the UK but it's a reprint from Alan Class. They used some of the original covers with their titles, the interiors are black & white. They reprinted some of the Marvel super-hero stuff and a lot of the pre-hero monster and sci-fi books along with some Charltons.

It's from the UK but it's a reprint from Alan Class. They used some of the original covers with their titles, the interiors are black & white. They reprinted some of the Marvel super-hero stuff and a lot of the pre-hero monster and sci-fi books along with some Charltons.

Thanks, so this Creepy World series basically is from a later date?

I may just have to take you up on that at some point. hm

I did not knew you were interested in them. Actually, I picked up additional copies as I went to collect the originals, last year, because I decided to go after the early Morbius appearances. I have a MTU #3 as well, which is cool because the italian drops the green frame cover in favor of a moody black sky:

EXCDfLOl.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Yes, the Alan Class reprints started, as far as I know, about a year or two after the titles were initially released. There was also another company, L. Miller & Co (later & Sons) that published some too. Here's pics of the ones I have the first one reprints AF 15 but not the cover, I kind of stick to keys with them.

th_AmazingFantasy15UnitedKingdom.jpgth_AmazingSpiderMan5UnitedKingdom.jpgth_Avengers1UnitedKingdom.jpgth_Avengers4UnitedKingdom.jpgth_Avengers56UnitedKingdom.jpg

th_FantasticFour1UnitedKingdom.jpgth_FantasticFour2UnitedKingdom.jpgth_FantasticFour5bUnitedKingdom.jpgth_TalesofSuspense39UnitedKingdom.jpg

That MTU 3 is great, Morbius has always been one of my favorite characters. (thumbs u

Let’s see if Matt keeps his attention…

Caliban:

21621-3092-24112-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

This seems to explain the hat, so very likely that foreign X-Men (using a reworked Proteus cover) is an X-Men in the range #169-171.

UX169_Caliban.jpg

And this blog explains the Caliban (unrelated) which never made it, very interesting:

http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot.it/2012/03/kitty-pryde-and-substitute-x-men.html

Caliban+by+John+Byrne.jpg

Now we want to know what Matt reads right now… lol

Cool, very interesting about Caliban..... hm I think the original idea of having Caliban hidden and this creature that you only saw suited up was very clever. Thanks Cluadio!

The 2 things I have read most recently are....

The Walking Dead trade #73-#78. I am really enjoying the Alexandria Safe Zone storyline and Ricks group getting along there..... (thumbs u

And I am re-reading the Moore swamp thing run on .cbr.... I think I have made it to issue #25...

And I am trying to find some time to read those skull and bones books you have lent me Claudio but time is somthing I have had short supply of as of late. My pre-teen daughter and terrible 2's son have been giving my wife and I :frustrated:...... :gossip: I will get to them soon I hope.... :wishluck:

Yes, the Alan Class reprints started, as far as I know, about a year or two after the titles were initially released. There was also another company, L. Miller & Co (later & Sons) that published some too. Here's pics of the ones I have the first one reprints AF 15 but not the cover, I kind of stick to keys with them.

th_AmazingFantasy15UnitedKingdom.jpgth_AmazingSpiderMan5UnitedKingdom.jpgth_Avengers1UnitedKingdom.jpgth_Avengers4UnitedKingdom.jpgth_Avengers56UnitedKingdom.jpg

th_FantasticFour1UnitedKingdom.jpgth_FantasticFour2UnitedKingdom.jpgth_FantasticFour5bUnitedKingdom.jpgth_TalesofSuspense39UnitedKingdom.jpg

That MTU 3 is great, Morbius has always been one of my favorite characters. (thumbs u

Hey Tim.... this might sound like a stupid question? So did you have Marvel UK pence copies and these books on the shelf around the same time? I cant remember how far back the pence copies go? hm

Hey Tim.... this might sound like a stupid question? So did you have Marvel UK pence copies and these books on the shelf around the same time? I cant remember how far back the pence copies go? hm

Pence copies would have been on the racks at the same time as the US editions, they were printed at the same time. The Alan Class and L. Miller books, as far as I can tell, came out anywhere from six months to a year later. It's hard to be sure because they didn't actually have publication dates printed in them. :screwy:

I could never enjoy onscreen reading, no matter what. I value eBooks for reference, but nothing more. A book needs to have a physical form.

Now that I have seen the first appearance of Caliban is X-Men #148, it seems the Proteus adapted cover you showed might be the foreign edition of that. :)

Spiderman #1 and 3 Newspaper inserts giveaways in 1993.

the inserts are all newspaper print and very thin within with 10 pages

It proved quite difficult getting them out of Turkey as you must have a Turkish address to actually make the purchase...

d025bd67-bd2a-4a13-b46a-8368cd80f5a5_zpsfd84b0e9.jpg

How about this one to complement LSComics post on Morbius Mexican variants? And, to top it off, the splash page of this Mexican variant featuring the name of that pesky translator´s name printed on it!

photo14_zpsb8af523a.jpgphoto17_zps784121d9.jpg

That is f-u-c-k-i-n awesome Gustavo!!!!!!!!!!!!