• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Not a variant,but certainly Canadian.Paper cover.

Wish I knew where it came from,there is a McDonalds ad on the inside cover,and Microsoft on the back.

Fun read.

ae495f66-914f-4062-9c1a-66bef6756186_zps847413ea.jpg

Oh so no one explained this yet, ok here I go

Mcdonalds give away that was exclusive to Canada - I saw four copies one time at a store for $10 a piece. That was the only time I ever saw them.

Not a variant,but certainly Canadian.Paper cover.

Wish I knew where it came from,there is a McDonalds ad on the inside cover,and Microsoft on the back.

Fun read.

ae495f66-914f-4062-9c1a-66bef6756186_zps847413ea.jpg

Oh so no one explained this yet, ok here I go

Mcdonalds give away that was exclusive to Canada - I saw four copies one time at a store for $10 a piece. That was the only time I ever saw them.

Cool.thanks for the info...know do you ken anything about the Hudsons Bay comic I posted a while ago?

Must be from the Bay,but odder things have happened.

Just got these in the mail today.

JourneyIntoMystery83Mexico_zpsf1721ca1.jpg

That is so cool. IIRC the title started out reprinting Harvey's Witches Tales. Did they continue with the JIM reprints and change the title to Thor?

That is so cool. IIRC the title started out reprinting Harvey's Witches Tales. Did they continue with the JIM reprints and change the title to Thor?
I believe so. I'm not 100% certain though. There's a few guys here that are probably much more qualified than me to answer that question. I'm sure at least one of them will chime in. (thumbs u

Love the german #67 – one of the few books I’d love to have in that edition as well. :)

Did not know you were interested in first issues not featuring the original covers (all the italian #1s are – Uomo Ragno, Thor, Fantastici Quattro - only Daredevil uses more or less the original one).

Love the german #67 – one of the few books I’d love to have in that edition as well. :)

Did not know you were interested in first issues not featuring the original covers (all the italian #1s are – Uomo Ragno, Thor, Fantastici Quattro - only Daredevil uses more or less the original one).

I keep trying to stay geared towards my focus of Adams & Wrightson books but when stuff like this turns up I find it almost impossible to resist. It might be easier to make a list of things I'm not interested in at this point. lol