• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Racetrack was looking for a #27, but wants it NM and I haven’t been able to look for it yet. Not to discourage you, but it seems there is little love for foreign Morbiuses – I have offered my italian three-set (102-103 and 119) in about VF last time but no one grabbed them.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and sell them to lscomics. I know he couldn’t resist… lol

P.S. Today I went to Reggio Emilia. There was a dealer offering a box of Corno books (lowgrade) for about $3 each. It has been a long time since that happened… :D

I was focused on my golden age period research, however, so I did not browsed them, but there were some nice books, all low grade of course.

Racetrack was looking for a #27, but wants it NM and I haven’t been able to look for it yet. Not to discourage you, but it seems there is little love for foreign Morbiuses – I have offered my italian three-set (102-103 and 119) in about VF last time but no one grabbed them.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and sell them to lscomics. I know he couldn’t resist… lol

Maybe he'll like this copy

ASM238nmitalian_zps79af04f5.jpeg

For anyone who has tried to track down a lot (or all) of the foreign variants of 1 particular issue, how hard was the process? I've been toying with the idea of collecting all the foreign versions of one Superman issue, however my normal comic buying habits are much more sporadic. I'm not certain I have the patience (or bankroll) to do it.

Hey now! What exactly do you mean by that? Oh wait... nevermind... you're right. lol I'm definitely interested but I've gotta finish residing the house and get it refinanced first. If you're not in a hurry to move them the whole process shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 weeks.

For anyone who has tried to track down a lot (or all) of the foreign variants of 1 particular issue, how hard was the process? I've been toying with the idea of collecting all the foreign versions of one Superman issue, however my normal comic buying habits are much more sporadic. I'm not certain I have the patience (or bankroll) to do it.
It depends on the issue (which dictates demand), which countries it was printed in (some are harder than others to get books from) and how patient you are. In a fair amount of cases it's not a matter of them being expensive so much as it is the amount of time it takes to track them down. What issues are you thinking of doing this with?

What issues are you thinking of doing this with?

Superman 29, from March 1989. My parents went to Germany in 1990, and they brought me back a copy of this issue. Its one of my favorite comic possessions. I believe its the unofficial start of Dan Jurgen's run on the series.

What issues are you thinking of doing this with?

Superman 29, from March 1989. My parents went to Germany in 1990, and they brought me back a copy of this issue. Its one of my favorite comic possessions. I believe its the unofficial start of Dan Jurgen's run on the series.

The one thing that will cost you the most is the amount of time it takes to find out how many countries published it and then tracking them down. Most likely when you do find them they won't be terribly expensive.

If it helps... I'm sure Zinco (Spain) probably published it and maybe Vid (Mexico) as well. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across any. (thumbs u

Patience is the numer 1... Deterring factor

That Superman issue seems a rewriting (or paying homage) to a silver age Superman story whose italian edition is this one (I loved that cover since I saw it first, and still wish to find a copy as it seems a story with a catastrophic theme):

jcW3hjCh.jpg

Maybe he'll like this copy

ASM238nmitalian_zps79af04f5.jpeg

Very nice copy (thumbs u