• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm 3 weeks into quitting tobacco.

74 posts in this topic

And I'm still climbing up the walls. I used to dip, and sometimes smoke.

For those who have never been addicted....

Imagine having the most stressful day you can remember at work, and then on the way home you get a flat tire. You pull over and check the trunk, and wouldn't you know it there's the spare but no jack! You call six different people to come get you and it's the one day that not a single one is answering their phone. There's an auto-parts store 3 miles away so you start walking. About 2 miles into your trek a truck speeds by a puddle and splashes all over you. It's 32 degrees F outside. Etc....

That level of stress, of not being able to calm down is what it feels like when your body is craving nicotine. When you finally get your fix it feels like a big sigh. That day is over and you're in your PJ's in front of a crackling fire and your favorite show is on TV.

I need a #$#$%ing cigarette.

it's best to compare things you waste money on to comics...before i buy something non-comic related i compute how many comics i could buy with that money (food, clothes & gas not included).

lol Spoken like a true comic nerd.

Meanwhile all my friends equate all the other I could buy with the money I "waste" on comics.

Congrats! :applause:

1st three weeks is the hardest so hang in there, you're almost home free!

On a side note, I'm 3 weeks into telling the wifey I quit smoking :blush:

If she catches me, I may have to trade some slabs for sleeping room on a boardies couch! :o

I'm taking Wellbutrin and using the patch simultaneously and it's helped a lot. As nuts as I've been still, there's no way I could have gone this far without them.

You may want to look into those. The youtube video that aszumilo posted makes that book look intriguing. It seems I'm past the point of the book at this point, though.

Guest Grails
41E0FVSF9WL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I smoked for ten years while in the military. Let me save you the money and offer my guaranteed method to success:

Don't buy another pack.

Good luck man, I dip too, go thru about 3 tins a week. After about 24 hrs I feel like I want to physically just thrash everything and everyone I get so pissed.

Its not easy but It will go away. Dipping has so much more nicotine and chemicals, I think personally its harder to quit. But it is possible, don't cave in. I have quit before and never should have started again.

If she catches me, I may have to trade some slabs for sleeping room on a boardies couch! :o

Been there too! Better to fess up than get caught months down the road! Because believe me, she will catch you.

Good luck man, I dip too, go thru about 3 tins a week. After about 24 hrs I feel like I want to physically just thrash everything and everyone I get so pissed.

Its not easy but It will go away. Dipping has so much more nicotine and chemicals, I think personally its harder to quit. But it is possible, don't cave in. I have quit before and never should have started again.

Been there too! Better to fess up than get caught months down the road! Because believe me, she will catch you.

Many years ago I lied to a girlfriend of mine about quitting. I legitimately quit for 2 days and I didn't have the balls to tell her I broke down and started again. When she caught me she cried. Not because I was smoking again, but because I lied to her. I felt like the worst dirtbag on the face of the earth.

Best come clean.

Best of luck to you on your continued quiting. I've been a smoker for a long, long time and now that I'm 40, I can really feel the effects more than any other time in my life.

I just need to work up the testicular fortitude to quit.