• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #97 CGC NM 9.4--Good deal for me?

25 posts in this topic

Gorgeous registration on that book. I almost bid but I've got this damned ASM 96 9.6 so I'm going to do the 96-98 run in 9.6's.. unless of course anyone is interested in trading for an ASM 96 9.6???!! smile.gif

Brian

Thanks for not outbidding me, Brian. And good luck finding your 9.6 copies. It does feel good finding a quality book. Of course, I don't have it in my hot little hands yet...

V/R,

Mike

I saw the book at 180, it's amazing to me that noone else bid on it. That's one of the nicest looking copies I've seen of that book. If it had been off-center or miscut or something, I could understand..

Brian

I saw the book at 180, it's amazing to me that noone else bid on it. That's one of the nicest looking copies I've seen of that book. If it had been off-center or miscut or something, I could understand..

Brian

The crash has begun! hi.gif

Brian

could be - this ASM 68 CGC 9.4 went for less than $200........

Brian

Don't laugh, folks...I've noticed a fair amount of softness creeping into the market lately. The highest graded copies are still holding up, but it looks like a lot of copies of books in the 2nd and 3rd highest grades aren't faring so hot.

There's still over half the year to go guys...I wouldn't be dismissing those '04 Crash predictions just yet. Personally, I don't think we'll see a big decline this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if many books end the year at lower levels than the past few months.

Have copies with COW Pages usually gone a lot higher? I don't

really follow this much. But Bronze Spidey prices don't seem to be softening. I tried again last week

to win a few 9.4 25-centers and still they are going for $80-100. Except for Spidey 154, where there

seems to be a glut of 9.6's keeping prices down.

Brian

Don't laugh, folks...I've noticed a fair amount of softness creeping into the market lately. The highest graded copies are still holding up, but it looks like a lot of copies of books in the 2nd and 3rd highest grades aren't faring so hot.

There's still over half the year to go guys...I wouldn't be dismissing those '04 Crash predictions just yet. Personally, I don't think we'll see a big decline this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if many books end the year at lower levels than the past few months.

You may be right on mainstream Marvel titles like ASM but there is no softening in the SA DC market. 893frustrated.gif

You may be right on mainstream Marvel titles like ASM but there is no softening in the SA DC market. 893frustrated.gif

Can you explain to me again just what these "DC"s are? confused-smiley-013.gif

Can you explain to me again just what these "DC"s are? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was waiting for this.....OK, now before you jump down my throat I did major in statistics at college and therefore know something about numbers (some of my clients would say not very much but then that's another story). I recently did an analysis of my CGC collection with the following results:

Assumptions

For this part of the exercise I did not factor in foreign exchange fluctuations over the period of my purchases.

Values for each book were actual the US dollar amount paid plus any juice. I did not factor in any postage or handling amounts.

The 2004 value is based on recent auction or ebay sales for the same book and grading. Where no similar sale existed i have assumed a flat value (i.e. no increase, no decrease).

Collection make up:

240 slabs

52 Marvels - mostly ASM SA

120 DC's - B&B (41), Bat (27), Tec (16), Other (36) SA = 88, BA = 32

24GA

16 GA Cartoon Character

18 GA Good Girl

10 Other (mostly SS)

Of the 52 Marvel 38 have declined in value. All the ASM's I own are high grade. The bulk of them were purchased via private sale in the 2002 - 2003 period. Impact is a loss in value of 27%.

Of the 120 DC's 38 I have held as flat as there are no recent sales to compare. Another 18 I have held flat as they were purchased in the last 3 months.

35 B&B's have risen in value (mostly purchased 2000 - 2001). Impact is a gain of 52%.

17 Bats have risen in value (mostly purchased 2001 - 2002). Impact is a gain of 34%.

Other DC's have increased by 17%

GA books have remained steady.

Net impact....taking into account that the ASM's equate to about 35 % of the value of the collection, is a positive in the area of 29%.

Not a stunning return in almost 5 years but not a crash (and as I don't sell then it is not an issue).

As for what are these DC books?????????

Go to Heritage right now and see what the DC SA are going for. B&B's, Showcase, Metal Men etc etc are all achieving market highs.