• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics collectors?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

I am a big fan of Charlton comic books. I believe they are very under-rated. Which, is good for us Charlton collectors but the day will come.

Over the weekend I traded a buddy for Racket Squad #1 (FN). I am very happy to have the Racket Squad in my collection. At a local comic show on Sunday. I picked up a nice high grade copy of Haunted #61, Phantom #60 (very nice Aparo cover), Phantom #20 (first Charlton issue) and Phantom #74 (last Charlton issue).

Some of my commission lists for artists at shows are Charlton heroes. So far, I have Peter Cannon Thunderbolt by Jo Chen, Captain Atom by Steve Conley and Peacemaker by Jim Calafiore.

I love everything Charlton. If you like, send me a message and we can discuss Charlton comic books. Good to see another die-hard Charlton fan.

Never got into Charletons as a kid, although I did buy a few issues of E-Man. Looking back, they had some pretty good titles. Just couldn't compete with the big TWO that's all.

I've always loved most of the covers and art but I always thought the stories were missing something. This is a huge generalization of course. I've read many Horror, War and Western Charltons but not much of the other genres....

Never got into Charletons as a kid, although I did buy a few issues of E-Man. Looking back, they had some pretty good titles. Just couldn't compete with the big TWO that's all.

E-man was a pretty good title, especially with the Rog 2000 back-ups stories. What I can't figure out is why it was cancelled so soon. Did Stanton jump off the title or something? How those Charlton monster books all lasted so long and E-man was cancelled is confusing. Were e-man a marvel or DC title it probably would have lasted 40 more issues.

I've also decided I like a lot of the Yang covers. the insides not so much.

E-man was a pretty good title, especially with the Rog 2000 back-ups stories. What I can't figure out is why it was cancelled so soon. Did Stanton jump off the title or something? How those Charlton monster books all lasted so long and E-man was cancelled is confusing. Were e-man a marvel or DC title it probably would have lasted 40 more issues.

I've also decided I like a lot of the Yang covers. the insides not so much.

Those Rog 2000 were super cool.Some of Brynes early work.

Enjoy a few Gorgos! Cant beat that Ditko monster art...

GORGO_01.jpg

GORGO_02.jpg

GORGO_04.jpg

Cool covers. :applause: You gotta love that premier issue. That's what I would call baptism by fire. :cloud9:

I visited the LCS today intent on obtaining an early Konga (#9) with Ditko art, but the book appeared to be overgraded so I passed on it. I hope to snag one on E-Bay some day. I did pick up a copy of Gorgo, however.

I'm somewhat of a dabbler myself on Charlton books, but keep an eye out for them on occassion. Dont have any myself, but the early issues of Space Adventures are terrific. :headbang:

War Heroes # 2

War_heroes2.jpg

Fellow Charlton fan reporting!!

Really like them, especially when they are terrible (I am looking at you, Bill Fraccio and Tony Tallarico).

Also like them not-so-bad:

FantasticGiants24704x1020.jpg

super cool