• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics collectors?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Space War did have Steve Ditko re-printed stories. That is always a good thing. Re-print or not...it's Steve Ditko. That cover for #28 could have been done by a number of people; it is a shoot. I have a check list made years ago somewhere around here about these un-credited covers and comics from Charlton on who they may be. The nice thing about these re-print Charltons is that you get a neat new cover (sometimes) and they are more affordable than the originals and the print run is usually much lower. That is a nice cover on that Sapce War #28. I bought that off the stands when it first came out. Always love any giant insect or monster cover...and it's Charlton.

Edited by Charlton66

Huge Charlton fan here. I got a stack of Gorgo/Konga/Reptisaurus when I was a kid. I have since sought out a high grade run of each. I have some images under my registry if you ever get bored and want to see a few of them.

ESL

Edited by gorgoguy

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are Midnight Tales reprints? Usually things like marvel tales are....

This is #8 :shy:

20180303_145640.jpg

It says 'ALL NEW' on the top! :foryou: I don't think these are reprints,although Charlton did do a lot of recycling.SO many covers reused on different books with changed colour backgrounds ect.Modern Comics did reprint a lot of Charlton though,even some Midnight Tales!

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

It says 'ALL NEW' on the top! :foryou: I don't think these are reprints,although Charlton did do a lot of recycling.SO many covers reused on different books with changed colour backgrounds ect.Modern Comics did reprint a lot of Charlton though,even some Midnight Tales!

Sweet thanks for the knowledge :) Also the $14 is written on the bag, not the book.... I don't know who did that because the used book store charged less than $1 lol 

@Jayman - Tom Sutton's Charlton Horror covers are easily in the best of decade. 

(Please don't tell too many people  - I'm slowly but surely getting them all and enjoy the $10-15 price range they're currently at.  If you tell too many people, they'll get more expensive!)

1 hour ago, roach04 said:

@Jayman - Tom Sutton's Charlton Horror covers are easily in the best of decade. 

(Please don't tell too many people  - I'm slowly but surely getting them all and enjoy the $10-15 price range they're currently at.  If you tell too many people, they'll get more expensive!)

Gotcha. It'll be our secret! :gossip: :cool: (: