• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do ya spend your money...

23 posts in this topic

I am about to make a major change in my buying habits. Giving up on new moderns as I just have too much to read as far as back issues go.

I've bought up about 6 or 7000 comics in the last 4 years and even if I read only 4 or 5 a day...I'm pretty much set up for the next 4-5 years. Then, after reading all the Silver and Bronze Age stuff I missed as a kid, I plan on reading the modern stuff (80's and up) with a better appreciation of having the knowledge and familiarity of the history of the characters.

But, up until now:

25% lcs

25% e-bay

50% private deals

I wish I could do that...giving up moderns, at least in part. I spend on average around $65 a week on new books. I keep up with what I buy, even chisel down from time to time, but naturally that kills my budget for old stuff. Been selectively removing titles here and there, but I add new ones almost as fast. The big jump in writing talent over the last couple years has made it a little hard to cut back.