• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ya want a 181?

38 posts in this topic

Too late, someone grabbed it.

Stared at the [!@#%^&^] for 2 hours...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=2249485580&rd=1

I wish I wanted it bad enough to make that plunge. If that works out its a deal and a half. Key on the HALF. I just cringe at the idea of spending that sorta cash on an auction, with an unknown seller. On that topic, what sort of precautions can you take with that sorta thing?

Which one a ya got it? =)

Yes, that was a deal. But I hate private auctions (for reasons that have been detailed umpteen times on this Forum before) and refuse to bid on them.

By the looks of things I am not alone - anyway, it was a scam. That low a BIN? On a $2000 book?

It wasn't worth the risk - admittedly the seller took Paypal, so I'm not 100% certain, but if you gamble, you'll come unstuck. Maybe not on this auction, but the next one of this type.

That scan look familiar to anyone?

i passed on it. too risky for even the gman. devil.gif

No joke, and there's NO WAY that buyer is going to receive a CGC 9.4 copy of Hulk 181. Man, some people are so stupid. 27_laughing.gif

I would tend to argee but I guess there is a small chance it's real.

Not everyone subscribes to GP and knows the value of these things you know.

Whats the level of legitamacy the auction would need before you took a 9.4 for $935? Given that that particular grade/price combo itself is a vacuum where legitamacy doesn't come around often.

Not everyone subscribes to GP and knows the value of these things you know.

That's exactly what scammers are hoping you think. insane.gif

Seriously, a Private Auction from a person who doesn't buy or sell high-end comics, ending at a BIN far below real market? If I hit the BIN on all the ones listed on EBay, I'd be living on the street in a few weeks.

This is his first comic sale and he just so happens to have an original blue label #181 for sale. Yeah right............

Maybe, maybe not, all I know is speaking from my own experiance, the first book I sold on Ebay was a #181 in CGC 7.5, and the emails that came in from all the doubters was absolutely annoying.

there's a couple of questions i have:

#1- Will someone buy his "unused xena doll" (the only other item he has up for auction)?

#2- How will the purchaser actually "use" the xena doll?

You'll have to ask Greggy...but i heard Xena and Wonder Woman will be one bad tag team.

This is his first comic sale and he just so happens to have an original blue label #181 for sale. Yeah right............

Maybe, maybe not, all I know is speaking from my own experiance, the first book I sold on Ebay was a #181 in CGC 7.5, and the emails that came in from all the doubters was absolutely annoying.

I'm with Niko, the first book I sold on eBay was my 181 (for $1850 raw). You guys are a bunch of jaded doubters (if you ask me). Where's you faith in stupidity? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Had I seen it, I would have pulled the trigger, paid by credit card, and hassled through a chargeback if it wasn't delivered.

I'm with Niko, the first book I sold on eBay was my 181 (for $1850 raw). You guys are a bunch of jaded doubters (if you ask me). Where's you faith in stupidity? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Had I seen it, I would have pulled the trigger, paid by credit card, and hassled through a chargeback if it wasn't delivered.

Get off your high horse. I sense a condescending tone in almost all of your posts. Cut it out. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yes, that was a deal. But I hate private auctions (for reasons that have been detailed umpteen times on this Forum before) and refuse to bid on them.

By the looks of things I am not alone - anyway, it was a scam. That low a BIN? On a $2000 book?

It wasn't worth the risk - admittedly the seller took Paypal, so I'm not 100% certain, but if you gamble, you'll come unstuck. Maybe not on this auction, but the next one of this type.

That scan look familiar to anyone?

Did anyone bother to call CGC and check on the book?

No high horse, and totally uncalled for comment 893naughty-thumb.gif

Blow me. You know what I'm talking about. mad.gif

That's real cute, but you're right I am better than that.

Thank you. I told you I was right & I'm glad you see things my way. You are better than that. You are better than posting in a condescending, sitting on a high horse manner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif