• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mind the Gap

871 posts in this topic

the ones i got were probably 9.8...i may go grab a couple more just in case. Maybe one or two slight bends on the front cover but no color break...similar stock to Saga 1. Back covers look nice.

Doubt you'll find any (many) without the corner ticks...i just ignore those now since they don't seem to make you go down from a 9.8.

mycomicshop is sold out of both covers...

the ones i got were probably 9.8...i may go grab a couple more just in case. Maybe one or two slight bends on the front cover but no color break...similar stock to Saga 1. Back covers look nice.

Doubt you'll find any (many) without the corner ticks...i just ignore those now since they don't seem to make you go down from a 9.8.

Where are you at if you don't mind me asking? East Coast, Mid-West, West Coast?

East...i did notice some of the X-O that came in had a weird fold on the back cover.

Mind the Gap reads like a tv show...guess that's the trend.

Anyone read this but me?

:banana:

From what I heard a lot of the Mind the Gap books a long with a lot of the Free Comic Book Day comics were destroyed in the accident. Oklahoma didn't get any Mind the Gap #1s at all.

Will the destroyed numbers be accounted for at the end of the month I wonder.

From what I heard a lot of the Mind the Gap books a long with a lot of the Free Comic Book Day comics were destroyed in the accident. Oklahoma didn't get any Mind the Gap #1s at all.

Will the destroyed numbers be accounted for at the end of the month I wonder.

I am sure if significant #'s, they will be replaced via an extented first printing (shrug)

This book was a lot of fun and I'll keep reading. Unfortunately, most copies in my region are damaged or were not delievered. Of the ten I ordered only 1 was a potential 9.8. All the others had spine ticks. The rest of the copies my LCS received were much worse. I'm not sure if the rest of the order or re-order will be filled. I had to order more copies from a West Coast store just to get copies of the book that weren'r beat up. I am not sure if this was the result of the crash in Texas or not, but I certainly have no call to complain in the event that it was and wish the family of the departed comfort in their time of grief.
What's this about a crash in Texas?

This book was a lot of fun and I'll keep reading. Unfortunately, most copies in my region are damaged or were not delievered. Of the ten I ordered only 1 was a potential 9.8. All the others had spine ticks. The rest of the copies my LCS received were much worse. I'm not sure if the rest of the order or re-order will be filled. I had to order more copies from a West Coast store just to get copies of the book that weren'r beat up. I am not sure if this was the result of the crash in Texas or not, but I certainly have no call to complain in the event that it was and wish the family of the departed comfort in their time of grief.

http://ifanboy.com/articles/attention-some-books-arent-in-stores-today-due-to-a-fatal-traffic-accident-involving-a-diamond-truck/

http://ifanboy.com/articles/attention-some-books-arent-in-stores-today-due-to-a-fatal-traffic-accident-involving-a-diamond-truck/

doh!

I picked up three of them today. I got two of the original cover and then one copy of the variant cover. How did the stock look to everybody else? My LCS had about twenty copies on the shelf, and all of them had fraying at the top left and bottom left corners of the spine. Does this fraying make the book get any lower than a 9.8? I picked the three best copies of the 20 or so that were on the shelf, but if that fraying in the top and bottom corners of the spine like that is going to get me stuck with three 9.2 or 9.4 grade books, I will be sad.

I picked up three of them today. I got two of the original cover and then one copy of the variant cover. How did the stock look to everybody else? My LCS had about twenty copies on the shelf, and all of them had fraying at the top left and bottom left corners of the spine. Does this fraying make the book get any lower than a 9.8? I picked the three best copies of the 20 or so that were on the shelf, but if that fraying in the top and bottom corners of the spine like that is going to get me stuck with three 9.2 or 9.4 grade books, I will be sad.
Do you have a scan or pic of the books?

Do you have a scan or pic of the books?

No scanner for me. I'm new to comic book collecting and don't have any CGC comics, although that is to be changing soon enough. I could try to take some pictures if it would help. The rest of each of the books look to be in great condition, but that stuff on the corners of the spine drives me nuts, and I literally run into it all the time it seems!

all mine had that tick/fraying on the corners....shouldn't matter, CGC doesn't count against Beavers attacking the comics when they come off the printing press.

Tick/fraying...is that the proper word to use. I was trying so hard to come up with a word to explain it and couldn't do it, and then those two words you just used sounded so perfect...lol!

I think we are talking about the same thing, though. So CGC doesn't take off for the ticking and fraying at the top and bottom corners of the spine? The rest of the spine looks just fine. It's just that the top and bottom corner have paper lightly sticking out of the spine looking like a piece of fabric or string was lightly frayed. It drives me nuts though, because I swear that 8 out of every ten books on the shelf that I pick up has this going on. If it doesn't really matter to CGC, though, then I won't let it bother me anymore.

all mine had that tick/fraying on the corners....shouldn't matter, CGC doesn't count against Beavers attacking the comics when they come off the printing press.

Tick/fraying...is that the proper word to use. I was trying so hard to come up with a word to explain it and couldn't do it, and then those two words you just used sounded so perfect...lol!

I think we are talking about the same thing, though. So CGC doesn't take off for the ticking and fraying at the top and bottom corners of the spine? The rest of the spine looks just fine. It's just that the top and bottom corner have paper lightly sticking out of the spine looking like a piece of fabric or string was lightly frayed. It drives me nuts though, because I swear that 8 out of every ten books on the shelf that I pick up has this going on. If it doesn't really matter to CGC, though, then I won't let it bother me anymore.

well....they probably won't go down from a 9.8 if everything else is good....now as far as getting a 9.9 or a 10...that's another story.

well....they probably won't go down from a 9.8 if everything else is good....now as far as getting a 9.9 or a 10...that's another story.

That makes sense. I wasn't anticipating a 9.9 or a 10 as I know that doesn't happen very often at all. But for three books that I literally pulled off the shelf and after paying for them, immediately put them in poly bags and boards, I have somewhat high expectations for how they will grade. Everything else on the books looks great upon first look, from what I can tell. But for a guy who has never had any books graded before, I may be completely optimistic.