• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mind the Gap

871 posts in this topic

wow, not one post in this thread for the year 2013!

Yes, I had to dig pretty deep in order to find this thread.

I agree with what the boardies said many months ago.

Great covers (#5 is my favorite) but it seems as though Jim McCann caters to mystery and not character development. The story isn't well consrcuted into single issues. I hope it is well constructed by Act (Act one is issues 1 thru 15).

Almost no one is buying this book. I've seen ashcans for $25 without any takers.

I think it was being discussed in another thread. Honestly, I think it was in relation to Morning Glories. The parallels to MG are pretty ironic in a non-positive way. Too bad. Clearly seemed like a good idea, but not executed. The two books feel like a poor attempt at TV's Lost (continual plots without resolution to keep people interested).

Pat

Don't get excited, no tv or movie news, just a 7 month bump since the last post...supposedly a new issue in March...only a year late, or so.

Was looking for a comic box to use for reorganizing and found my mind the gap treasure trove.....might shove some of them under a door to keep it propped open.

untitled_zps35829059.png

:bump:

issue #2 was delayed (recalled I think), that never helps...there was some momentum to start and then blammo, some stupid printing error and the whole thing collapsed...got up to issue 17, 18 supposed to be out this year.

there was a show out soon after that had a similar plot line so tv hopes were pretty quickly dashed.....

I was curious and looking into the current state of Mind the Gap. For those that are interested:

Issue 17 was last released in May-2014 and is the last issue to date. Not that I've read the full series, but It doesn't seem as though it came to a conclusion in issue 17.

It seems as though they have 18/19/20 written but nothing is in the solicitations. No evidence of it being released again any time soon.

Dead in the water. I am so glad I dropped this series earlier on.