• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman 13 CGC 9.2 universal. White pages

20 posts in this topic

Recently sent in some of my high end books for the first time to get graded. Can anyone tell me what they think the value is of this book is. I had my books in a safe deposit box for the last 20 years and did not follow the hobby since then. Thanks in advance.

According to gpa, about $3500. A boardie has one and had it for sale for $3500 and dropped it to $3,000 but it didn't sell. If I didn't have a million books on my plate, I definitely would have bought it.

So, short answer, around $3,000ish (thumbs u

ASM 13 is a unique book with that notorious black spine. IF your copy has absolutely NO color breaking spine stresses it will fetch quite a bit more than GPA.....especially at auction. We really need to see a clear scan or picture for a good assessment. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ASM 13 is a unique book with that notorious black spine. IF your copy has absolutely NO color breaking spine stresses it will fetch quite a bit more than GPA.....especially at auction. We really need to see a clear scan or picture for a good assessment. GOD BLESS...

Ditto, when I was hunting for my 9.2 #13, I watched sales of three copies over $4000, one being about $5000, so the mid $3k range is very fair. The spine area makes some copies grade higher or lower because CGC is harsher on stress lines of black spines.

The copy which did not sell recently for $3k was better than most 9.2's, including mine. It had super sharp corners and edges, as a non black spine book it is easily a NM. Mine has fewer spine ticks but more corner and edge wear.

I would set the price based on the appearance and current market, which is a little down right now.

Welcome, and show us the pictures. (thumbs u

Ditto, when I was hunting for my 9.2 #13, I watched sales of three copies over $4000, one being about $5000, so the mid $3k range is very fair. The spine area makes some copies grade higher or lower because CGC is harsher on stress lines of black spines.

The copy which did not sell recently for $3k was better than most 9.2's, including mine. It had super sharp corners and edges, as a non black spine book it is easily a NM. Mine has fewer spine ticks but more corner and edge wear.

I would set the price based on the appearance and current market, which is a little down right now.

Welcome, and show us the pictures. (thumbs u

+1

This post is worthless without pictures... :makepoint:

:jokealert: WTTB! :headbang:

I sent in 6 books total and saw the grades online. Did not call for the notes as this was my first time submitting and did not know to do that. What would the notes tell me? Thanks, LM

I've never checked grades online before. I assume they list the serial # of the book.

If you call CGC and give them the serial # of the book, they'll put you on the line with a grader who will pull up the grading notes and read those to you.

They may say something like:

"Spine stress marks that break color" or "Quarter inch tear on page 3", etc...

Just gives you a little more info/insight as to how they came up with the grade. It's especially useful when looking at potential purchases and finding out if the book may have any interior defects that you would not be able to see from a scan.

I have finally added a nice 9.0 OWW :cloud9: that should be in hand any day...will post when I get it...one of my favorite Spideys of all time...

Now if I can just get that damn 11 in 9.0 it will complete my 5-41 run in 9.0 or better... :frustrated:

I bet I've seen more overgraded ASM 13's than any other book. Here's a HERITAGE SCAN OF ASM 13...9.4 in their May Auction that's a little nicer than many in the spine department. It might do well . Out of all the copies I've seen, only 1 or 2 have "perfect" spines. GOD BLESS....

I bet I've seen more overgraded ASM 13's than any other book. Here's a HERITAGE SCAN OF ASM 13...9.4 in their May Auction that's a little nicer than many in the spine department. It might do well . Out of all the copies I've seen, only 1 or 2 have "perfect" spines. GOD BLESS....

Wow! thats a nice book (worship)

The BP is going to be about as much as a 9.2 goes for on that puppy! :o

I really wished I'd captured the scan of one of the near perfect copies I've seen over the years. I had a copy years ago that had a perfect spine....but as soon as you pulled it out it would roll up like something you'd potty train a dog with. It was actually kind of comical.....and we didn't know about pressing then. GOD BLESS...

That 9.4 is nice, I'm watching that one and others in the HA auction that just began.

My 9.2 is almost that nice, the spine is the key and mine has three noticeable stress marks there, one being large enough to keep it from NM. In a non black spine book it could be a NM.

PS, the 5.5 AF 15 is my old best copy, I'm wondering how much it will go for.

That 9.4 is nice, I'm watching that one and others in the HA auction that just began.

My 9.2 is almost that nice, the spine is the key and mine has three noticeable stress marks there, one being large enough to keep it from NM. In a non black spine book it could be a NM.

PS, the 5.5 AF 15 is my old best copy, I'm wondering how much it will go for.

AF 15's are a force of nature. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friejnd of jesus) (thumbs u