• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prometheus is Coming - Get out yer Aliens Books!!!

71 posts in this topic

With the hype around Ridley Scotts upcoming Sci Fi masterpiece, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in the Dark Horse series from the early 90's.

The early series such as Earth War, Book 2 and Genocide were some of my Copper Age indie highlights. The cover art in particular always stood out from the rest of the high volume drek which flooded the shelves.

If I show you mine, will you show me yours?

Here's my two slabs for starters.

Dark Horse Presents Aliens 1 (Regular Edition). Signed at LSCC by cover artist Simon Bisley. (Please excuse the blurry scan - scanner is on the fritz so had to use the one at the office)

DHP_Aliens_1_A.jpg

Next is a bargain just grabbed from MyComicShop.com (By bargain, I mean it cost less to buy and ship their copy than to sub my own and pay two lots of transatlantic postage).

7cecbe65.jpg

All three movies are fantastic IMO.

There were only ever 3 Alien movies ever made.

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3

Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Alien is actually my favourite ever movie. Fantastic concept. Brilliantly delivered and created by the greatest living Teessider - Ridley Scott :cloud9:

Enough chitter chatter. Where are those books???

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3

Alien is actually my favourite ever movie. Fantastic concept. Brilliantly delivered and created by the greatest living Teessider - Ridley Scott :cloud9:

Alien 3 sucked.

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3

I think that 1 & 2 are great after that it went to mess.

I am a fan of old scifi B movies.

Has anyone seen

It! the Terror from beyond space 1958.

If you can get past the guy in the monkey suit it is Alien.

Brilliant & recommended.

I would love to see it again, I haven't seen it for 20 years.

Diehard fan of the first two films. Aliens deserves another release on the big screen.

IMG_0325.jpg

Wow those sigs are just awesome. Sigourney :cloud9:

+1

That is stupid cool. :applause:

Very nice! do you have any more from the first mini series? One of my favourites from the 80's

No that is it for the first series. I did my Michael Biehn signature on a Terminator book.

Why why cant they make a Prometheus comic book !!!

:insane: Hiyo!

Probably because Prometheus is a theory... based on the idea like the greek-stories of Prometheus, to that an alien was the bases for the human-species and survival from dinosaurs.

Though he was suppose to return to see what fruit came to bare from his curiosity with us, when he first came...