• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prometheus is Coming - Get out yer Aliens Books!!!

71 posts in this topic

I will go ahead and add my one and only to the thread.

aliens1j.jpg

By vpcomix72 at 2012-04-19

Did these Aliens comics follow the same storyline as the books of the same name?

I remember reading Earth Hive and the other 2 books and they were awesome reads.

I have lots of raw, but only one slabbed.....

Me too, although I have had three of these over the years. Sold the other two, though this one is the best of the three.

Aliens1_98fc.jpg

Next to the first Predator mini and Terminator: Burning Earth, a favorite!

Just swapped these for a few GFT duplicates which had been clogging up my longboxes.

2.jpg

3.jpg

:applause: Great books.

I may dig some out myself for a group shot as I haven't looked at these great covers in years.

Love the Alien movies, love the early books too

Aliens (the long version) needs a new release (in 3D)

Also loved the very fisrt Alien vs Predator book! No!!! not the movie. That was a piece of junk

Guest Grails
There were no AvP movies.

There was no Alien Resurrection.

They are all figments if your warped imagination.

Ripley got crispy fried and killed the queen. The end.

I have a love/hate relationship with Alien 3. As it stands now, it blows. But it had so much potential. Hicks should have been given a grand death in the middle of the film. Not the cheap one in the opening. Then there's the Directors Cut which changes things up but not enough to redeem it. The film suffered from serious production issues.

From wiki:

Alien 3 had a difficult production, with various screenwriters and directors getting involved in the project, and shooting even started without a finished -script. The film was the big-budget debut of a young David Fincher, who was brought into the project very late in its development, after a proposed version written by Vincent Ward at the helm fell through. Fincher had little time to prepare, and the experience of making the film proved agonizing for him, as he had to endure incessant creative interference from the studio and had to shoot the film without having a definite -script. The added weight was also to create a film worthy of the work of the two revered directors that had gone before him, James Cameron and Ridley Scott.[1] Upon completion, the studio dismantled and reworked it without Fincher's consent, including releasing a teaser trailer that suggested the film would take place on Earth.

So there is only ALIEN and ALIENS for me. The groundbreaking original along with the best sequel ever made.

I actually liked Alien3... it was also the first Alien movie I saw. My friend's dad took us to see it in the theater... I don't think my mom would have let me go. (I think I was like 14)

Love seeing these group shots too. The covers on pretty much all of the Aliens books are amazing. The interior art, however, is a different story. There were a few really good ones, but most of them, no. Especially this most recent series; I was not a big fan of the interior art in that at all.

The last AvP book (with Leonardi art) was pretty fantastic tho. (and I got a letter printed (my only one ever) in #6!)

Aliens3 jumped the shark for me when they killed off Newt/Hicks a) immediately and b) off-screen. The whole point was this time there were others who could vouch for Ripley--that she wasn't just some psychotic loon who'd imagined it all.