• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REDUCED SS Slabs Here! Walking Dead (SOLD), Starborn, Soldier Zero, Traveller

30 posts in this topic

Usual Rules Apply. First contact wins, whether it's a :takeit: or PM.

These are 1:300 variants of the issue #1.

Starborn Issue #1 - CGC 9.8, Signed by Stan Lee

EHAft.jpg

Soldier Zero Issue #1 - CGC 9.6, Signed by Stan Lee

MdjLn.jpg

The Traveller Issue #1 - CGC 9.8, Signed by Stan Lee

lfva8.jpg

I'm looking to get $250 each, or $650 for the set.

:news:Priced dropped to $200 each or $500 for the set.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what these are worth. ComicPriceGuide.com has them listed at around $1400 a piece, which I know is not the case. I've also seen one comic shop on eBay trying to sell them for a little over $400 a piece.

I'll ship them for free within Canada or the lower 48.

I was surprised to see that one sold earlier today for $660 after I had mine posted. His was a raw copy, and called it as 9.2, maybe a 9.4.

Mine has a slight non-breaking crease on the back cover, which is why I think it got the 9.2. If someone was really hardcore about it, they could un-slab, press, and re-submit it.

I was surprised to see that one sold earlier today for $660 after I had mine posted. His was a raw copy, and called it as 9.2, maybe a 9.4.

Mine has a slight non-breaking crease on the back cover, which is why I think it got the 9.2. If someone was really hardcore about it, they could un-slab, press, and re-submit it.

They probably didn't notice it. If only I had the spare cash :cry:

NEWB ALERT!

Question: I've got a Giant Size X-Men #1, also slabbed by CGC with 8.0, I want to sell. Would I be wrong to post it in here as well, or should I post it in the GA/SA board?

I'm new as well but from what I know it would be best to post in the gold/silver/bronze thread as its a key bronze age book. Hopefully you'd also have a better chance of securing the sale there. I hope that helps GLWTS

NEWB ALERT!

Speaking of which, do you have a link to a kudos thread for sales here on the boards, or references from boardies who have bought from you.

These are some nice books, and I am sure lots of guys will want in on them.

I do not. First time selling stuff. I've bought lots, but that's probably not going to help. [/quote

But do you have any references from boardies that you've bought from? It's not the end of the world if you don't have a kudos thread but if you have people that can vouch for you that helps. GLWTS.

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have swung for the fences on my first sale, and started a little smaller than WD1. Understandable that you folks would be apprehensive about buying from, what could very well be, some individual_without_enough_empathy who just joined the site to rip people off. I forget sometimes that people do that.

Maybe I'll take them down for now while I build up my street cred. I've earned a little bit of respect as a buyer, I think, but can't expect people to drop $600 on a guy they've never dealt with, without some sort of recourse other than putting them on the HoS list.

I think I've seen no fewer than three price changes. GPA has this one a little lower in grade. The raw that sold earlier was from a known boardie who has a history of grading tight. His maybe 9.4 probably presses to 9.4 at worst. If the price drops again PM me.

Good point. I hadn't taken into account who it was coming from. Still getting used to the fact this is a community of people who know and look out for one another, not a bunch of anonymous folks on eBay.

What does GPA mean? I keep seeing it and can't figure it out. I understand what you mean by it, but what does it stand for?

EDIT:

You're right, I had lowered the price earlier, but then put it back up a bit after I saw the other sale and because I was going to cover the shipping fees.