• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Stanley Cup stays in the U.S.

22 posts in this topic

My local boys from Tampa Bay have insured another year of frustration for our neighbors north of the border. What's that now...12 straight years without a Canadian team winning the Big Prize. Didn't you Canucks invent this sport?

J/K...great series, and much kudos to the Calgary team and fans.

Congrats to the Bolts!

Very exciting game, and after Calgary ran the goalie, I wondered what it would take to get a penalty. Then St Louis got his face rearranged and we found out.

If some of the Flames weren't such meatheads and took way too many liberties with the referees "no call zone" at the end of the third period, they might have tied it up.

Calgary barely made it into the hockey playoffs. They did a tremendous job beating both the Vancouver Canucks & Detroit Red Wings in the 1st 2 rounds. Most impressed that they never seemed to give up even though they may be down 2 or 3 goals. smile.gif

Why is your son disappointed? The good guys won! 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Congrats Tampa. thumbsup2.gif

I had no dog in this race other than my pre-play-off pick of TB winning it all.

27_laughing.gif

Nice pick! Too bad you didn't put big money on them in Vegas. Could have paid for a bunch of comics.

You gotta join the Yahoo! Forum hockey pool next year (if there is a next year). I kicked arse this year thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Nice pick! Too bad you didn't put big money on them in Vegas. Could have paid for a bunch of comics.

You gotta join the Yahoo! Forum hockey pool next year (if there is a next year). I kicked arse this year thumbsup2.gif

What were the odds?

Please don't tell me 20-1... 893frustrated.gif

Calgary barely made it into the hockey playoffs. They did a tremendous job beating both the Vancouver Canucks & Detroit Red Wings in the 1st 2 rounds. Most impressed that they never seemed to give up even though they may be down 2 or 3 goals. smile.gif

Don't forget the effing SHARKS, the #2 seed in the west!!!! 893censored-thumb.gif893frustrated.gifmad.gif

Don't forget the effing SHARKS, the #2 seed in the west!!!! 893censored-thumb.gif893frustrated.gifmad.gif

tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

What were the odds?

Please don't tell me 20-1... 893frustrated.gif

Dunno, they were the best team in the reg. season. Maybe 5 to 1? confused-smiley-013.gif

I also thought it was a great game. I jumped about a foot off the couch out of sheer surprise when Calgary scored in the 3rd. That was the spark they needed to play their best hockey of the night. I think we all would be talking about a different winner if Calgary had scored that goal in the second period instead of the third. Either way, Clagary has nothing to hang their heads about. They made a great run at the cup this year! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats to Tampa and their fans! thumbsup2.gif