• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink question?

15 posts in this topic

placed a bid order on 5 comics. One was accepted. The other 4 say they were sold to another buyer, but when I check they were sold at the price I bid!

Any thoughts???

Maybe someone else bid what you bid and it was accepted first?

Some feedback on my first ComicLink purchase:

1. Stop advertising on my CGC cases--do not put CL stickers on my case!

2. Placing my full credit card number on the invoice is a big security no-no.

The actual purchase process went somewhat smoothly, although I agree with others the communication after checkout seems somewhat disjointed. Great service otherwise.

Advertising to someone that's already a customer does seems a little strange. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I placed a bid order on 5 comics. One was accepted. The other 4 say they were sold to another buyer, but when I check they were sold at the price I bid!

Could it be that someone else bid the same amount you did BEFORE you put your bids in? Based upon what I've heard about the ComicLink bid policies to date, that's the only legit way I can think of that you didn't win the books.

Advertising to someone that's already a customer does seems a little strange. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dunno. After a few years as the comics pile up, Im grateful for any markings on the mylars and bags as to which copy I bought from which dealer! Should be the same with slabs I reckon.

Course a sticker on the baggie would be better to "remove"!

Books change hands. If the initial customer sells it to someone else, the next buyer will see the sticker and voila, more free advertising. Lots of dealers do this.

We discussed the label issue in another thread. Someone suggest GooGone if you just want to wipe the label clean. I find I am leaving them on.....as a bit of a memory tracker for myself. I mean the back is an ad in a way for CGC as it is.

Metropolis has a label too, and Heritage always has a lot number sticker on there. Well, this coming from a guy who doesn't mind date stamps.

Metropolis has a label too, and Heritage always has a lot number sticker on there.

Heritage's stickers are VERY easy to remove, so I don't mind those at all. However, the ones Metro, ComicLink, and Jay Parrino put on bug me mightily because they're fairly hard to take off. mad.gif

Anything is possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. I placed some bids which were declined. The MINUTE that they email came through I went back on and placed more bids.

They were all the same group of books (SGT FURY) and all 9.6/9.8. Now why would I have won one and not the rest if someone else had bid?? Again, it is possible that they did not want that one issue, but in my opinion it makes it even more unlikely 893frustrated.gif