• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars #1 Treasury Editions..?

8 posts in this topic

These worth anything in good to fine condition? I see on eBay they routinely sell between $9 to $21 depending on condition (most are not even in near mint condition). Are these worth buying? CGC does not grade these, so I wonder what the demand is for Treasury Size editions?

Respectfully,

'mint'

I thank you all for responding. I don't know much about the Treasury books put out by Marvel. I would like to learn more though, as I come across a lot of them...

Thank You!

'mint'

the best site with just about everything you care or want to know about treasury.

http://www.treasurycomics.com/index.htm

I focused on putting a complete run of Marvel treasury together for the past few years. I am down to 3 and I am all done. All at least 9.2 and many in the NM++ range.

I thank you all for responding. I don't know much about the Treasury books put out by Marvel. I would like to learn more though, as I come across a lot of them...

Thank You!

'mint'

the best site with just about everything you care or want to know about treasury.

http://www.treasurycomics.com/index.htm

I focused on putting a complete run of Marvel treasury together for the past few years. I am down to 3 and I am all done. All at least 9.2 and many in the NM++ range.

Thank you so much! It would be great if CGC started grading these. I know they are 'big', but they do grade magazines. I think these would be worth quite a bit CGC graded in 9.0 and above (at least some of them). They do garnish a lot of attention at antique shows; that is for sure!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I bought a near complete set of Marvel/DC treasury comics from a guy for $400. The Star Wars treasuries were in the worst shape. Treasuries are (were) fun to collect. I added some modern treasuries after buying the bulk lot.

This thread needs pictures. These are "stitched" images since they are too large for a scanner. Whitman issues are shown also.

001_Marvel_Special_Edition_Featuring_Star_Wars.png

001_Marvel_Special_Edition_Featuring_Star_Wars_Whitman.png

002_Marvel_Special_Edition_Featuring_Star_Wars.png

002_Marvel_Special_Edition_Featuring_Star_Wars_Whitman.png

003_Marvel_Special_Edition_Featuring_Star_Wars.png

002_Marvel_Special_Edition_Featuring_Star_Wars_The_Empire_Strikes_Back.png

Rob's Treasury comics site above is by far the most definitive. I provided Rob with some info that he's added to his site. There is also another site that is easier to use if you want more of a checklist format.It is not as complete as Rob's is with other odd shaped formats such as magazines, tabloids, etc.

http://www.angelfire.com/comics2/treasury/

DG

I love these books as display pieces...I believe they fit in some top loading magazine size protectors I bought and they look great in a room,

not that expensive to obtain but still retain the cool vintage feel!