• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the Love?

135 posts in this topic

All this talk of booze has me running down stairs to my bar and grabbing the worst ing wiskey on the shelf, Old Grand Dad. One shot and I have hair growing out of my eyeballs.

:sick:

The fact that people disagree with the idea of being respectful to one another is demonstrative evidence of a clear problem. I'm not interested in being interrogated or even arguing that people should be respectful to one another and tolerant of others and their opinions. Some people can't help themselves. Again, all I'm asking is for people to try and maintain a kinder community and refrain from the meanspiritedness that turns so many away from posting on the Boards. I imagine that as the hours progress those who agree with me will say so. I can't imagine why anyone would disagree. For those of you who do disagree, I wish you well.

The fact that people disagree with the idea of being respectful to oneanother is demonstrative evidence of a clear problem. I'm not interested in being interrogated or even arguing that people should be respectful to oneother and tolerant of others and their opinions. Some people can't help themselves. Again, all I'm asking is for people to try and maintain a kinder community and refrain from the meanspiritedness that turns so many away from posting on the Boards. I imagine that as the hours progress those who agree with me will say so. I can't imagine why anyone would disagree. For those of you who do disagree, I wish you well.

Oh dear Nico. Don't you see what you're doing? The more you confront them the more they pull together and the stronger they get! Stop Nico!

The fact that people disagree with the idea of being respectful to oneanother is demonstrative evidence of a clear problem. I'm not interested in being interrogated or even arguing that people should be respectful to oneother and tolerant of others and their opinions. Some people can't help themselves. Again, all I'm asking is for people to try and maintain a kinder community and refrain from the meanspiritedness that turns so many away from posting on the Boards. I imagine that as the hours progress those who agree with me will say so. I can't imagine why anyone would disagree. For those of you who do disagree, I wish you well.

Think of us as a Married with Children type of family.Really disfunctional,but if you mess with the family watch out.We are not disagreeing with you,your just taking things too hard.Relax!

Repeat after me:

I will post and say anything I want here and voice my opinion anytime I choose to. (Within forum guidelines). I will not feel bullied because someone with more posts than me doesn't agree with what I have to say. In fact I'll have a sense of humor about it because either a) I'm so entrenched in my beliefs that none may sway me or b) I sometimes might talk out my azz and not know what I'm talking about and can learn from it.

I will not confuse Internet bullying with forum bantering, though I'm not naive in understanding that some strange politics do go on here (not really in this goofy moderns section though) of which I have seen the repercussions of such things.

We can all get along, but that doesn't mean we'll always agree. It's just the way social interactions work. If things get out of hand, there is a mod button. Spend a few weeks in the Water Cooler. Moderns will seem like Vacation Bible School compared to those animals.

Most of all: Just have fun.

He just told me he wanted to remain nameless, but you folks may inspire him to reveal himself. I will respect his privacy. No one wants to be the object of all kinds of attention which is why I'm done posting in this thread. Like I've said countless times before, my request is not controversial. It is sad that it has become controversial. I think I've struck a nerve with a couple of people. Hopefully it will help the quality and quantity of dialogue on the Boards. I think we would all like to see more posts, more participants, better discussions and a general increase in the level of respect for one another.

Repeat after me:

I will post and say anything I want here and voice my opinion anytime I choose to. (Within forum guidelines). I will not feel bullied because someone with more posts than me doesn't agree with what I have to say. In fact I'll have a sense of humor about it because either a) I'm so entrenched in my beliefs that none may sway me or b) I sometimes might talk out my azz and not know what I'm talking about and can learn from it.

I will not confuse Internet bullying with forum bantering, though I'm not naive in understanding that some strange politics do go on here (not really in this goofy moderns section though) of which I have seen the repercussions of such things.

We can all get along, but that doesn't mean we'll always agree. It's just the way social interactions work. If things get out of hand, there is a mod button. Spend a few weeks in the Water Cooler. Moderns will seem like Vacation Bible School compared to those animals.

Most of all: Just have fun.

:applause:

Nico, I think one of the main problems you're having, is the inability to take the answers presented to you, comment, then move on. You've restated the same thing, over and over again. I'm fairly new here myself. I've posed questions, and realizing there's reputable people here providing answers, I take it for what it's worth and move on.

2c

He just told me he wanted to remain nameless, but you folks may inspire him to reveal himself. I will respect his privacy. No one wants to be the object of all kinds of attention which is why I'm done posting in this thread. Like I've said countless times before, my request is not controversial. It is sad that it has become controversial. I think I've struck a nerve with a couple of people. Hopefully it will help the quality and quantity of dialogue on the Boards. I think we would all like to see more posts, more participants, better discussions and a general increase in the level of respect for one another.

How boring would that be if everyone agreed with each other,and was always nice for the sake of being nice.How ridiculous. zzz

I'm a noob on the boards and never had a problem. Just read the selling rules before starting a thread there, made sure every purchase went smooth on my end, spoke more about the comic and not the value, and read more than I posted because I'm new to the hobby. Simple plan and I've only dealt with great, accommodating people.

I'm a noob on the boards and never had a problem. Just read the selling rules before starting a thread there, made sure every purchase went smooth on my end, spoke more about the comic and not the value, and read more than I posted because I'm new to the hobby. Simple plan and I've only dealt with great, accommodating people.

Good for you,see we're not all bad. :applause:

1) I was attacked today. I moved on.

No you weren't. Stop lying. You got called out on your constant b.s. that everyone is seeing.

#1 is specifically for you. You even got called out in this post.

It is sad that a handful of people who got picked on their whole life have taken to abusing others via an anonymous msg board online when most of us just want to have neighborly conversations about comics.

I'm all for people being respectful to each other, but you need to tell those guys to put their big boy britches on.

Doesn't this thread need to tie into TWD somehow?

1) I was attacked today. I moved on.

No you weren't. Stop lying. You got called out on your constant b.s. that everyone is seeing.

#1 is specifically for you. You even got called out in this post.

You're really having a bad day. You made a statement and I asked a question. You proceeded to jump off the deep end. Hardly my BS. And where am I being called out? And now I'm a liar? Somebody needs a vacation.

The world is full of bullies, loud mouths, attention seekers, insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, rude people etc. etc. Sadly this will always be the case. The chat boards simply mirror this IMO. Us collectors come from all walks of life and all ages.

Are there some people I choose not to talk to on here? Sure.

As in life - choose your words and your friends carefully. If someone criticises you laugh it off and move on. It's the Internet. Everyone on here is 10 foot tall and bullet proof. I've found most message boards online have the same issues. If you look beyond the surface there are some really good people on here. In the time I have been here I haven't really had an issue that's worried me that much. In any large community there will always be disagreements. There are plenty of other positive things to look at on the boards.

The hate is here .... but the love definitely is too. (thumbs u