• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the Love?

135 posts in this topic

This is an open letter to all Board Members requesting increased civility, tolerance and kindness. Humbly, I request that others make a good faith effort to avoid the following conduct which is counterproductive to communication, participation and the good of the comic book industry.

1. Stop Bullying – too many board members are engaged in personal attacks, cynicism and hatefulness. It needs to stop.

2. Stop Censoring – too many board members are engaged in unfair attempts at limiting discussion topics when the CGC Forum Rules encourage conversations about “all things vaguely related to comic books, creators, artists, writers, movies, pricing, etc.” Much of the attempted censorship is hypocritical or a self serving attempt to control information. All Attempted censorship of relevant discussion is misguided and misplaced.

3. Be Friendly – too many good people are discouraged from participating in the discussions on the Boards because they do not want to be ridiculed for their opinions.

It is important that new collectors, returning collectors and even casual observers feel comfortable enough to participate in conversations on the Boards. If the industry and CGC is going to continue to grow, we as a community are responsible for treating one another like good neighbors. Be a good neighbor to one another in the Modern Comics section and set an example for other members. If you witness someone picking on another member, say something about it. If you start to say something that is mean, stop yourself. Expect more from others, be an example for others and together we will improve the quantity and quality of our discussions.

Thank you!

i'm not sure true love can be found in an internet forum setting.

sometimes i'm happy with co-habitation

too many diverse personalities.

If we were all the same it would be pretty boring. Let's co-habitate. ;)

All he's saying is that if you have the personality of an a-hole...tone it down.

Wouldn't that go against #2 "Stop Censoring"?

Look. If you're gonna say something rude, at least smile as you type. :)

This is an open letter to all Board Members requesting increased civility, tolerance and kindness. Humbly, I request that others make a good faith effort to avoid the following conduct which is counterproductive to communication, participation and the good of the comic book industry.

1. Stop Bullying – too many board members are engaged in personal attacks, cynicism and hatefulness. It needs to stop.

2. Stop Censoring – too many board members are engaged in unfair attempts at limiting discussion topics when the CGC Forum Rules encourage conversations about “all things vaguely related to comic books, creators, artists, writers, movies, pricing, etc.” Much of the attempted censorship is hypocritical or a self serving attempt to control information. All Attempted censorship of relevant discussion is misguided and misplaced.

3. Be Friendly – too many good people are discouraged from participating in the discussions on the Boards because they do not want to be ridiculed for their opinions.

It is important that new collectors, returning collectors and even casual observers feel comfortable enough to participate in conversations on the Boards. If the industry and CGC is going to continue to grow, we as a community are responsible for treating one another like good neighbors. Be a good neighbor to one another in the Modern Comics section and set an example for other members. If you witness someone picking on another member, say something about it. If you start to say something that is mean, stop yourself. Expect more from others, be an example for others and together we will improve the quantity and quality of our discussions.

Thank you!

1) I was attacked today. I moved on.

2) the attempted censorship that you are likely referring to is a simple request to talk bottom line in speculative threads. Is that really that bothersome?

3) Ridiculed or have their opinion discussed. See rule #2

All he's saying is that if you have the personality of an a-hole...tone it down.

Wouldn't that go against #2 "Stop Censoring"?

Look. If you're gonna say something rude, at least smile as you type. :)

Can I ;) instead of :) ?

All Nico is saying is respect your fellow posters. Its easy to say rude and disrespectful things in a forum when someone doesn't share your same opinion... but would you say the same thing if we were all in person in a room together?

Tell me about it when you have at least 10K posts noob. :baiting:

All Nico is saying is respect your fellow posters. Its easy to say rude and disrespectful things in a forum when someone doesn't share your same opinion... but would you say the same thing if we were all in person in a room together?

I can say with complete confidence that I am the same in person. There are numerous boardies who will verify this. :)

I am curious where the rude and disrespectful posts are that you speak of.

Hah! I read this post and KNEW it was oakman! Staying true to form my man!

Hah! I read this post and KNEW it was oakman! Staying true to form my man!

Do I have a bad reputation?

My advice: if people are being jerks, buy from them or sell to them. Some ice-holes are sweet as pie in PM's...

Also keep in mind that some of the comments in general discussions have roots from PM's. I personally joined the boards having a senior member lie in the discussion thread to me only to lol in a PM to me.

I've met countless people who don't post on the Boards becasue of the way people treat one another. I've met others who no longer post becasue of the way people talk to one another. It needs to stop. Let people talk about what they want to talk about so long as it isn't hurting anyone. It's a simple rule. It is the rule that was established by the moderator. It's a rule we should all follow. The fact that there's discsussion about this is a good thing. The fact that people disagree with me is kind of scary. There are too many bullies on the comic book message boards. That's a shame. I want to do something to stop it. I hope that others are as disgusted as I am and that people champion the idea of being a good neighbor. Only time will tell.