• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

I'm not sure. The solicited release date for the 3rd print was July 18th and the 2nd print #2 was July 25th...I was told today August 1st and August 8th. CKB said a dealer he knows got in 100 copies... And one on Ebay right now looks like from the photo the book was on the sellers floor in the pic..wouldn't be the 1st time I got the runaround from Diamond Comics.

I'm not sure. The solicited release date for the 3rd print was July 18th and the 2nd print #2 was July 25th...I was told today August 1st and August 8th. CKB said a dealer he knows got in 100 copies... And one on Ebay right now looks like from the photo the book was on the sellers floor in the pic..wouldn't be the 1st time I got the runaround from Diamond Comics.

Well solicited dates and release dates are two separate things, and I right or wrong here?

Well solicited dates and release dates are two separate things, and I right or wrong here?

You are right! It happens just about every week that a book doesn't ship on schedule. But something doesn't sound right about the info I was told by my rep about the X-O #1 3rd print. It sure does look & sound like some people got it.

It sure does look & sound like some people got it.

I have one "in hand"... not sure on the distribution of who got theirs and who didn't, but I can confirm that I have (at least) one. :grin:

Dear Valiant Man,

Do you have an insider's view on where to get more XO 1 3rd prints?

No insider info. I got mine from a dealer who let me pre-order them and then sent them to me when he received them on Wednesday the 18th.

Unless you're asking if I want to sell mine... hm

My LCS said he didn't order the 3rd print because he had plenty of 1st and 2nd prints and that it can't be ordered anymore.

If he STILL has plenty of 2nd prints, I'll gladly buy them at $6 each. (thumbs u

does it look like it got runned over by a train?

No, I'm just saying that between the quality of production (which isn't perfect) and holding the book in hand, I could probably only guarantee about 9.4.

My LCS said he didn't order the 3rd print because he had plenty of 1st and 2nd prints and that it can't be ordered anymore.

If he STILL has plenty of 2nd prints, I'll gladly buy them at $6 each. (thumbs u

HAD. I wish I could find more. My last copy is on ebay.

Yeah, I think there are lots of 1st prints around... some shops sold out... some not...

but there aren't many 2nd prints in shops for $3.99 anymore.

I don't know what's up with 3rd prints...

Sounds like some shops are having to wait, while others didn't order any in the first place.

Valiant has stated that the 3rd print run is "more than double the 2nd print".

The 2nd print is 1,441 copies on the sales lists, but that's probably U.S. only, with 1,500 or 1,600 as the actual.

3rd print is most likely 3,400 to 4,000 (max).

Yeah, I think there are lots of 1st prints around... some shops sold out... some not...

but there aren't many 2nd prints in shops for $3.99 anymore.

I don't know what's up with 3rd prints...

Sounds like some shops are having to wait, while others didn't order any in the first place.

Valiant has stated that the 3rd print run is "more than double the 2nd print".

The 2nd print is 1,441 copies on the sales lists, but that's probably U.S. only, with 1,500 or 1,600 as the actual.

3rd print is most likely 3,400 to 4,000 (max).

appreciate you posting the numbers