• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

Just read issue 1..I must admit, I'm excited about issue two...and I don't mind the art.

:o I should hope not, it's Cary Nord!

The guys talking about not liking the art so far in this discussion have been talking

about Dark Horse's Magnus and Dr. Solar... not Valiant's X-O. :grin:

Just read issue 1..I must admit, I'm excited about issue two...and I don't mind the art.

:o I should hope not, it's Cary Nord!

The guys talking about not liking the art so far in this discussion have been talking

about Dark Horse's Magnus and Dr. Solar... not Valiant's X-O. :grin:

They're easily distracted.

Are we really expecting a print run of 42,000?

If so, that would put in the top 40 of Diamond's Top 300 chart, ahead of Wolverine, Punisher, Captain America, Walking Dead and even last month's Saga # 1 by BKV.

Are we really expecting a print run of 42,000?

If so, that would put in the top 40 of Diamond's Top 300 chart, ahead of Wolverine, Punisher, Captain America, Walking Dead and even last month's Saga # 1 by BKV.

Overall I liked it. The art wasn't quite blowing me out of the water but it was better than a lot of other stuff out there. I really liked the art on the page where the space ships were approaching, which is probably a bad page to point out as it could come from any comic book with space ships with nothing to identify it as coming from this title, but it did look cool. The story is engaging although I don't see myself jumping on the valiant bandwagon especially if I am asked to, and I'm a little concerned about the new universe and tie-ins and that I will have to follow other titles to know what is going on with this one, which I'm probably not going to get caught up with doing just to learn a full story.

So do you Valiant guys think that the Valiant revolution is here or is it going to take about 6 months to figure out whether the relauch worked or what? Thanks!

This locomotive is picking up steam, and you best climb aboard or get out of the way!!

:insane:

I sent my Bloodshot 0 gold to CGC anticipating a 9.8 but I'll settle for a 9.6 and then that puppy is going up for sale on the board or feebay. I'm going to need to press some of my other Valiant keys and decide when is the best time to slab the other books. I know that a ton of Valiant books are already slabbed so I didn't want to get my stuff slabbed before I knew that Valiant's relaunch would create significant heat for the original books. When do you Valiant experts anticipate that the heat for orinal Valiant keys will start? Do you even think that the relauch will generate heat for the orinal series? I'm like a boyscott in that I'm always prepared (or at least I try to always be prepared). Any insight is appreciated.

I sent my Bloodshot 0 gold to CGC anticipating a 9.8 but I'll settle for a 9.6 and then that puppy is going up for sale on the board or feebay. I'm going to need to press some of my other Valiant keys and decide when is the best time to slab the other books. I know that a ton of Valiant books are already slabbed so I didn't want to get my stuff slabbed before I knew that Valiant's relaunch would create significant heat for the original books. When do you Valiant experts anticipate that the heat for orinal Valiant keys will start? Do you even think that the relauch will generate heat for the orinal series? I'm like a boyscott in that I'm always prepared (or at least I try to always be prepared). Any insight is appreciated.

The keys are already all seeing an increase in price, but I think it's too early to tell too much though. I would stick with pre-Unity X-O and Harbinger. Give it a few months and see how the series are going. If you have the issues already then you'll have time to get in on the action if the market goes up.