• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

I can confirm that these did come out last Wednesday, I ordered 3 through my LCS and picked them up. Unfortunately these were the only three ordered as my LCS doesn't believe is "other" prints of books.

Unfortunately, dying has never been easy for Archer’s target – the hard-drinking year-old immortal known as Armstrong.

I wonder if they meant "centuries-old" in the announcement.

Probably meant "hard-drinking 10,000-year-old"...

Unfortunately, dying has never been easy for Archer’s target – the hard-drinking year-old immortal known as Armstrong.

I wonder if they meant "centuries-old" in the announcement.

Probably meant "hard-drinking 10,000-year-old"...

Even bettter (and more accurate)!

:applause:

Just found two copies of xo 1 2nd print at a little comic shop. Guy would only let me buy 1 at cover, or I could buy both for $10.

So you smiled and said, "Here's $10", right? :cloud9:

Nope. I didn't want to give him the pleasure of making an extra two bucks off me. He should've had them up for $10 before I picked them off his shelves.

Just found two copies of xo 1 2nd print at a little comic shop. Guy would only let me buy 1 at cover, or I could buy both for $10.

Nope. I didn't want to give him the pleasure of making an extra two bucks off me. He should've had them up for $10 before I picked them off his shelves.

Silly, you should have said, "Here's $10, I'll take both... I sold my only other copy yesterday for $12."

Silly, you should have said, "Here's $10, I'll take both... I sold my only other copy yesterday for $12."

Honestly after the way he handled it, I didn't want him to have any of my money.

No offense, but there was a massive OVER PRINT of issue #1

Not the 2nd print... ;)

2nd print is what - 1,500 copies? Heard several dealers didn't even get their orders of 2nd print and here I go into podunk nowhere and find two copies in a little shop.

I don't know if it's accurate to call it an "OVER PRINT". What they printed was all sold to retailers. It's not going to a fourth printing if Diamond isn't getting orders.

Do certain shops have a ton of #1s sitting around? Yes. Other shops do not and re-ordered, which is the reason for the third and fourth prints.

The second print was only 1500 copies (although I'm wondering if it's a bit closer to 1K) and is a wrap around cover and is awesome!

Do certain shops have a ton of #1s sitting around? Yes. Other shops do not and re-ordered, which is the reason for the third and fourth prints.

quote]

No but the point is this. # 1 first prints (regular and pullbox) are available via eBay in bulk for wholesale rates of roughly half cover (i.e. ~$20 for 10 copies).

Given that that is the case, why the need for 2nd-4th prints?

And the book is still (purportedly) "hot." Usually it takes 6-12 months for new books like that to hit the $2 or $1 boxes, not 100 days.

X-O was (by far) my favorite Valiant character 20 years ago and Valiant still comprises the bulk of my 90s collection.

But the needless variants for _every_ book has turned me off from the whole line. What's the fun incollecting if it's either a) impossible to reasonably collect a publisher even it's only got four titles out, or b) be forced to spend $30 per issue or $125 per title every month to afford the ridiculous variants?

To be clear, I'm fine with the mulitple covers on the # 1s, but for Bloodshot 2, Harbinger 3, X-O 5, etc.? Especially when the variant structures means ~1,000 copies each? Not even Ultraverse did that.