• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

Valiant is reporting that Diamond is now sold out.
Unfortunately that is erroneous info. I just entered a reorder for 500 copies no problem (I deleted it since I ordered plenty). Showing local stock in all warehouses so not sold out

Unfortunately that is erroneous info. I just entered a reorder for 500 copies no problem (I deleted it since I ordered plenty). Showing local stock in all warehouses so not sold out

Interesting.

Interesting.

Definitely interesting. More than one Valiant collector has been told by their LCS that Diamond is sold out. hm

Second prints? hmhm

Interesting.

Definitely interesting. More than one Valiant collector has been told by their LCS that Diamond is sold out. hm

Second prints? hmhm

nope...initial code for both regular and the pull box are still orderable from diamond:

I just entered another "reorder"

xo1.jpg

so as you can see, litterally 1000's of copies still available to order...so the LCS are either mis informed, or too lazy to check/reorder (thumbs u

Got a reply from one of the guys... Diamond quantities were zero yesterday, they must have added more (overage?) to the system... no longer sold out.
I tested yesterday too, and it was orderable... I also just spoke to my rep and she checked the code(s) and it has NEVER been closed or listed with a B/O status (both the reg codes) so that again, is likely incorrect info (though stranger things have happened, so that is why I say "likely")

I certainly have no idea what your contact looked at, nor do I have any grounds to dispute, but 1000's of copies don't just "appear" one day, so that is why I did the extra "investigation" to confirm that the code has been open since March (thumbs u

Got a reply from one of the guys... Diamond quantities were zero yesterday, they must have added more (overage?) to the system... no longer sold out.
I tested yesterday too, and it was orderable... I also just spoke to my rep and she checked the code(s) and it has NEVER been closed or listed with a B/O status (both the reg codes) so that again, is likely incorrect info (though stranger things have happened, so that is why I say "likely")

I certainly have no idea what your contact looked at, nor do I have any grounds to dispute, but 1000's of copies don't just "appear" one day, so that is why I did the extra "investigation" to confirm that the code has been open since March (thumbs u

Gotcha... I'll pass that info along. (thumbs u

Any chance this is a confusion because of the other two (incentive) covers?

MAR121223

MAR121224

Gotcha... I'll pass that info along. (thumbs u

Any chance this is a confusion because of the other two (incentive) covers?

MAR121223

MAR121224

it is possible if he tried to enter those 2 codes he couldn't order...but they don't come up as "back order" etc, they come up "note: cannot order this item"

so, that certainly could explain it, as those codes can only be ordered by diamond personel internally (thumbs u

you whited out the best part

:(

It really is not a secret...with minimal work, one can relatively easily locate unit costs on comics for a variety of discount structures...

depending on volume, a retailer can expect anywhere from 35%-59% off cover (thumbs u

Atom! Freeman

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

"Diamond is reporting sales of more than 42,000 for our first release, X-O Manowar #1"