• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any info on "Martini Barton" or "Campus Howl"?

5 posts in this topic

I stopped in a 1/2 Price Books while I was traveling for business and picked up a couple of comic magazines, which I really know nothing about.

The first one is Campus Howl and is Vol. 1 Issue 1.

VI20Bl.jpg

The second was Martini Barton, a graphic novel from Fantagraphics

MaIaLl.jpg

I only paid a few bucks for each of them so I am not too concerned with overpaying. Just curious if these are desirable books or not.

Thanks.

What year are those from? The first one is 99.99% likely to be Jack Davis artwork (edit: DUHHHH it says "Jack Davis" ....I am slow today), so I'm guessing it's from the early 1960s? The 2nd one looks like a Peter Bagge cover (edit: DUHHHH it says "Peter Bagge" right on the cover) or some other underground from around the early 1990s. They look fun -- you'll have to tell us about the interior stuff. By the way, I really hope the cover art on the 2nd one is from BEFORE Sept. 2001....otherwise it's in rather awful taste. It must be a reference to the first bombing which was what, 1993? The WTC cover likely makes it more desirable as a historical artifact. And Jack Davis covers are always desirable for anybody who is a fan of Mad Magazine artists.