• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One from the Archives. . . ASM #121

37 posts in this topic

From the original scan, 9.0. From the updated ones, maybe a little less (8.5)?

Dan

Have at it! Grade will be revealed later today. cool.gif

One, Two, Three.....

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

P.S., it looks like CGC really screwed up the slabbing, as the right edge looks 893censored-thumb.gif up now.

Have at it! Grade will be revealed later today. cool.gif

One, Two, Three.....

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

P.S., it looks like CGC really screwed up the slabbing, as the right edge looks 893censored-thumb.gif up now.

If you look at the scan of the BC, you can see that there is a sllight (<1mm) overhang to the FC, starting at about the center of the book. Obviously when I sent it in, the overhang was virgin. Poor handling by the graders or the slabbers left a couple of indents in the overhang. Other than those (which weren't there when I sent it in) and the printer tears (which were) this is a huugely nice copy of this book. The PQ is whiter than whitest!

So the questions really are:

How much did they deduct for the printer's tears?

And,

Did they agree on a grade before or after they ******-up the FC right edge?

What are they going to say? Well damage during transit? Of course, but whatever they say, they don't look good as a consequence.

As for me, it's still a friggin' beautiful book, that I wish I had bought several of!

As for me, it's still a friggin' beautiful book, that I wish I had bought several of!

But the sad thing is, that the book looked far better in the Mylar, and was likely a grade higher.

But the sad thing is, that the book looked far better in the Mylar, and was likely a grade higher.

Yeah, think I can sue them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gif

How about a grade Divad or someone else care to offer another opinion?

Davidking623

Sorry for the delay guys, but sometimes work gets in the way of our true pursuits in life (and I had to put my daughter to bed!)

ASM%20121%20CGCs.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Major "slab damage". I'm getting really tired of seeing high grade books damaged by the slab.

I know what you mean, and you have to wonder if these true high-grade books, especially pedigrees, would be better served in a Mylar, tucked snugly into a collection?

Major "slab damage". I'm getting really tired of seeing high grade books damaged by the slab.

I know what you mean, and you have to wonder if these true high-grade books, especially pedigrees, would be better served in a Mylar, tucked snugly into a collection?

I agree. Something more needs to be done, as any movement within the slab causes edge and corner damage. sumo.gif