• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade (Part 2): Bronze Iron Man

26 posts in this topic

9.2 due to rounded corners. Still gorgeous!

They are not "rounded" guys - they are just slightly formed over the interior pages, due to the fact there is tiniest bit of overhang.

"Rounded corners" come from wear - this book exhibits no wear whatsoever - try again! shocked.gif

It's a solid 9.6 and who would you rather sleep with? M. J. Watson or Pepper Potts? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is that a round crease on the left top? If so, 9.0; if not, 9.2

No, the left edge of the black ink wavers slightly. And those white flecks are actually stars - part of the art. Together they give the impression of a light crease in the scan.

Hey Pete,

I do. I value your opinions very much. You, however, do not have the advantage of having the book in hand. You cannot accurately grade from a scan. If you could, we wouldn't have to send our books to CGC, just scan 'em on over! 27_laughing.gif

hi.gif

BTW, It's not like any of you guys are actually going to buy anything raw on eBay! 27_laughing.gif

You can always PM me an offer, based on your grade of the book - I ALWAYS listen to offers! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ok, I'll give you cover price for the book. stooges.gif

BTW, Why are you posting the books on here in the first place? confused.gif I agree it helps having the book in hand, but sometimes we can point out defects that a seller doesn't see or doesn't want to see.

Ok, I'll give you cover price for the book. stooges.gif

I guess I don't listen THAT well! 27_laughing.gif

BTW, Why are you posting the books on here in the first place? confused.gif

It's fun, they're great books, and I LIKE you guys! Why are you here? hi.gif

I agree it helps having the book in hand, but sometimes we can point out defects that a seller doesn't see or doesn't want to see.

Touche, and that's another reason I post up books. But, nothing was pointed out on this book, that I wasn't already aware of. In fact, the lower grades were made without salient comment.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif