• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #13

33 posts in this topic

Better do it soon since noone is buying comics anymore because it's a "sellers market". tongue.gif

If you wait too long, I'll be the only one left buying evidentally frown.gif

Brian

i hear you; i'll know i've been right when Gene and JC start to bid on my books grin.gif

Books will have to be going for cover price before that happens!

A new website, eh Burnt? Wouldn't happen to be the one that Captain Tripps is setting up focusing on high grade Silver, would it?

Just joshing around. As a high grade Silver collector, I am looking forward to a new source of large numbers of outstanding books, including those you will be offering. I just hope the pricing is not out of the stratosphere, or beyond the pocketbook of the collector.

Why don't you just sell it to him outright right now?

893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

easy for ucla to say...........gotta get a feel for what the market is willing to dish out for HG low-number Spideys first. the new site will be an auction based site much like comiclink - please bid what you feel is acceptable to you and we'll see how it goes grin.gif

Whoa Burnt, who's the hottie in your sig line? cloud9.gif Post more of her in the babe thread angel.gif

the Avatar is miss Puerto Rico and the Sigline is miss Paraguay, both 6 foot tall beauties among the top five finalist in the recent miss Universe contest cloud9.gif

still a pretty nice looking book and probably going to go for a decent price.

very good chance that a small HG (all 9.0's and up) low number run (7-15) will be up for sale periodically on a new website within the next couple of months. spidey dudes need to keep their eyes open and ears to the ground grin.gif

What grades are your ASM # 7-15 run?

i'm going to have ASM #'s 7, 8, 9, 13, 15 & 19 at 9.0 and #12 at 9.2 likely up for sale. all have at least OW pages.........and the buyers will only be the second person in the world to touch them (oh yeh, they're slabbed) other than the CGC crew............... grin.gif

i'm going to have ASM #'s 7, 8, 9, 13, 15 & 19 at 9.0 and #12 at 9.2 likely up for sale. all have at least OW pages.........and the buyers will only be the second person in the world to touch them (oh yeh, they're slabbed) other than the CGC crew...............

Actually, several people have touched them, but probably only two have opened them. You and CGC. And even the NEW OWNER won't be able to do that. insane.gif

still a pretty nice looking book and probably going to go for a decent price.

very good chance that a small HG (all 9.0's and up) low number run (7-15) will be up for sale periodically on a new website within the next couple of months. spidey dudes need to keep their eyes open and ears to the ground grin.gif

What grades are your ASM # 7-15 run?

i'm going to have ASM #'s 7, 8, 9, 13, 15 & 19 at 9.0 and #12 at 9.2 likely up for sale. all have at least OW pages.........and the buyers will only be the second person in the world to touch them (oh yeh, they're slabbed) other than the CGC crew............... grin.gif

and shot at the #13 for the gman prior to the website? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

A new website, eh Burnt? Wouldn't happen to be the one that Captain Tripps is setting up focusing on high grade Silver, would it?

Just joshing around. As a high grade Silver collector, I am looking forward to a new source of large numbers of outstanding books, including those you will be offering. I just hope the pricing is not out of the stratosphere, or beyond the pocketbook of the collector.

uh, whatever do you mean?!?!

market will decide price as i think the auction methodology permits bids like e-bay or comiclink. but like comiclink, there is no time-frame within which the auction must end and the sale need not be made for less than the auction price unless the seller agrees to the lower amount. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

uh, whatever do you mean?!?!

market will decide price as i think the auction methodology permits bids like e-bay or comiclink. but like comiclink, there is no time-frame within which the auction must end and the sale need not be made for less than the auction price unless the seller agrees to the lower amount.

Not necessarily true.

The only way to really let the Market determine Price is a NO RESERVE auction (but given enough time for most collectors to see the book).

Said another way, since many books HAVE RESERVES (or start out at a price well above current market values), many books on eBay / ComicLink / Heritage, etc. go unsold.

Example:

Say book X is on ComicLink for $500.

No one buys the book, but some make offers for $400 that are refused.

A year latter book X sells for $500.

What was the Market Value of the book?

It was really $400 at first.

TIME allowed the Market Value to become $500, NOT THE MARKET.

Wow, Comiclink is NOW the Market.

No reserve auctions are the way too go to determine price, therefore EBAY is also the "market".

This really annoys me when buyers use "a market" to tell me (dealer) what the "market" is.

The "market" to me is the following

1). Conventions - Major vs local show by part of country

2). Domestic vs International

3). EBAY

4). Auction House(s)

5). My Website in addition to my Competitor's website's selling the same type of material

My point Bob was that the MARKET is NOT the ASKING PRICE.

The market price of a book in my opinion would be:

1) Given enough exposure of a book (say on your site, Heritage, Metropolis, ComicLink, etc)

2) for a certain amount of time (say 2-3 months),

3) whatever the highest amount someone would pay for it.

Of all most all the sites, COMICLINK would be LEAST LIKELY to REFLECT the MARKET. Simply because these is NO COST to put a book on the SITE at a PRICE, way above CURRENT SELLING PRICES.

Wow, Comiclink is NOW the Market.

No reserve auctions are the way too go to determine price, therefore EBAY is also the "market".

This really annoys me when buyers use "a market" to tell me (dealer) what the "market" is.

The "market" to me is the following

1). Conventions - Major vs local show by part of country

2). Domestic vs International

3). EBAY

4). Auction House(s)

5). My Website in addition to my Competitor's website's selling the same type of material

good points!!!

i probably should have said that the PORTION of THE market which keeps tabs on the HG websites will determine the price of my future salesl obviously, those who restrict their buying to E-bay, Heritage or Conventions would have minimal bearing on the outcome of a HG website auction/sale. blush.gif (except for the fact that their overall actions/habits may well be somewhat reflected in what others are ultimately willing to spend) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif