• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catwoman New 52 opinions

24 posts in this topic

Hi guys

This is my first post in the Modern Forum.

Over the last half year or so I've read some, more or less, negative reviews of the new Catwoman series. Out of curiosity, I picked up issues 2 - 8 and I gotta say, "I was pleasantly surpised".

Is anyone else reading this series? What is your opinion of the series thus far?

Not great but certainly not dire.

The above statement can be applied top the majority of the "New 52"

I say majority because a lot of it certainly is dire.

Swampy, Animal Man, I Vampire and AS Western are the only DC books I still read (And they are all very good).

I am slowing dwindling my list of New 52 books but Catwoman has easily stayed above the cut line. Some of the "Oh I know I shouldn't do this but I will nonetheless" and right then she gets punished for it is already repetitive and we're only on issue 8 is getting old so the writing can improve from that perspective as it seems there is a lack of overarching movement to the series, but otherwise, quite a pleasant book that I don't mind visiting with every month.

i stopped at #4

Only 52 i'm still reading:

Batman

GL (regular title only)

Animal Man (starting to lose interest)

Swamp Thing (starting to lose interest)

JL

I Vampire (starting to lose interest)

All Star Western

Batwoman (starting to lose interest)

Wonder Woman (starting to lose interest)

I haven't read the last two issues, but I'm totally into Catwoman right now. I like the new feel to the story. With that said, though, Catwoman has had good runs in the past, but it seems to be hard to maintain.

This month I quit reading my final New 52 title. I may later on pick up some here and there in like $1 bins but yeah that whole New 52 was pretty much pointless in my opinion.

All Star Westerns was the final one.

I dropped this one at issue 6. I am still reading

Batman

Nightwing

Red Hood

Detective

Justice League

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Aquaman (about to drop)

Teen Titans (I think this latest issue will be my last however)

I doubt I could ever drop Batman and Nightwing but I have a feeling the rest will not last too long.

I dropped this one at issue 6. I am still reading

Batman

Nightwing

Red Hood

Detective

Justice League

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Aquaman (about to drop)

Teen Titans (I think this latest issue will be my last however)

I doubt I could ever drop Batman and Nightwing but I have a feeling the rest will not last too long.

So nice to see Aquaman on here. I think it's been a top three title.

I bought a fair few of the number 1's. Liked some but not enough to keep reading as I try to divert all of my comic budget into old books.

However, after reading lots of good things on here about Batman, I picked up issues 2 to 8 from my LCS and really enjoyed them.

I might pick up GI combat and Earth 2 no 1's and give 'em a try.

To answer the op's question though, the Batman groping scene that was posted on here put me off the Catwoman book. :sick: I'm not a prude in any way, but let's face it, sexual imagery is freely available almost anywhere these days. I don't need it or want it in my comics. 2c

I just caught up on the last two issues. After the first arc, which I enjoyed, these last couple of issues were very lackluster. Catwoman is now on my drop list if the Night of the Owls book set the book straight again.