• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paypal money hold?i

11 posts in this topic

I have been hit with this 21 day nonsense. As far as I am aware, I had no complaints made to ebay/paypal. Is this just something they are randomly dumping on people? This basically eliminates a "quick I need cash" type sale and makes you have to go out of your own pocket for ahipping. Of course, it also means paypal has your money interest free for 1 to 3 weeks, which is the real motivation here.

I have been hit with this 21 day nonsense. As far as I am aware, I had no complaints made to ebay/paypal. Is this just something they are randomly dumping on people? This basically eliminates a "quick I need cash" type sale and makes you have to go out of your own pocket for ahipping. Of course, it also means paypal has your money interest free for 1 to 3 weeks, which is the real motivation here.

Well they now have Toys r us on there now. So it seems to me they want the big sellers and are trying to weed out the mom and pops.

How long have you been selling on there?

Paypal will make available the shipping costs you spend after you ship the package. They will still hold the rest of the money until 3 business days after delivery.

My account had that limit for 90 days before a solid positive track record made it go away.

Peace,

Chip

Over 10 years, 1500+ transactions.

Was the dollar amount higher than what is typical for you?

Edit: I think the simple answer is to call them. Every time I've called them I've gotten through quickly and their reps were always very friendly and helpful. For all the flack PayPal gets I've never had a problem with their customer service.

Over 10 years, 1500+ transactions.

Did you try to take a lot of money out at once?

Sometimes that will trigger a hold.

An example you have $3,000 in your account then you withdraw all of it.This could lead to a hold

or this

An example you have $3,000 in your account then you withdraw only half of it $1500.wait till that clears to your bank, then withdraw the other $1500. No hold.

I had a hold on a transaction before. All I did was call them and they removed it the same day.

This. We can speculate all day long what the cause is, but just pick up the phone. It will solve the mystery and as you said it could solve the problem as well.

All my eBay sales had a 21 day freeze. Been a while since I had an eBay sale now though. Sales through message boards don't have a hold unless they pay by e check, then it's just a few days. I also have a $500 limit, but I only hit that sometimes and I have two accounts so I can just gift myself and take out $1000 if I need to