• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giveaway & Mail Away Comics

84 posts in this topic

Where's the $100 you owe me???????????? Did you send it to Deathlok to give to Joanna in her extreme time of need??????????????? I know you got my PM but you didn't respond to it. Why?????????????

Because I've been working, AND I have my Mother visiting from Florida, AND I'm in England and you can't send a check to the US in English money, AND my bank won't honour the check if I write it in a US dollar amount, AND I would normally ask my Mother to send it for me but she's here till the end of the month, AND I was going to give her the money and ask her to send the check once she returns to the States.

Where's the $100 you owe me???????????? Did you send it to Deathlok to give to Joanna in her extreme time of need??????????????? I know you got my PM but you didn't respond to it. Why?????????????

Because I've been working, AND I have my Mother visiting from Florida, AND I'm in England and you can't send a check to the US in English money, AND my bank won't honour the check if I write it in a US dollar amount, AND I would normally ask my Mother to send it for me but she's here till the end of the month, AND I was going to give her the money and ask her to send the check once she returns to the States.

Communication, it does wonders! cloud9.gif

what if you had a new adventure 26?

Who says I don't? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

if you did you would already have a check in hand. gossip.gif

Overnight no doubt. foreheadslap.gif

I have this one, only mine is in Bosnian (or whatever language it is). Can't find it to scan, but it was printed during the war to warn kids about landmines, which were often disguised as toys, or in interesting shapes, etc.

super2.jpg

Overnight no doubt. foreheadslap.gif

popcorn.gif

I remember hearing that there was also a controversial Batman issue where a child died after he warned against "playing" by the landmines. I will have to research it again for the full info. Would love to find a copy!

if you did you would already have a check in hand.

No you wouldn't.

If you don't believe me, ask Odin.

If I have to pay for something in a hurry, I wire the money.

This costs nearly a hundred bucks because I have to pay both sets of charges for both ends, to ensure the recipient gets the full money.

When you wire six thousand dollars, it's fine to pay an extra hundred bucks.

If I'm paying a hundred bucks, then I couldn't pay ANOTHER hundred just to send it, could I ???

So for small amounts I either pay by credit card, or ask my Mother to mail a check, but she's over here right now. Small amounts to the US are difficult, which is why I pay Quicksilver comics a commission and they do all the e-bay paying by Pay-Pal, because it's just an endless problem.

And despite your cynicism, it still took me a month to pay for the Detective 5 and the Big Book Of Fun Comics, both of which I only finally sorted out payment within the last two days.

I had already asked my Mother to send the hundred dollars when she returned, before all this tedious stuff.

I'm not a polititian, this is not a Presidential election, and I shouldn't have to publicly justify myself anyway. But I've even had to ask Metarog to buy small stuff for me because of the difficulty in sending these small amounts.

I don't wish to be drawn into this subject any more. I was gonna do it - I still am - and it stinks that you're criticising me because of my inability to do it fast enough.

TomG thanks for getting back OT. You have some interesting giveaways.

The Adventures @ ebay is pretty cool, also what year is the "Beware The Booby Trap" from?

Another Spidey.

513186-Spider-Man%20Storm%20Power%20Man%20Giveaway.jpg

589a8ca4ea5aa_513186-Spider-ManStormPowerManGiveaway.jpg.0e6bb305cfdca0856a965cd1f9a2ce58.jpg