• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giveaway & Mail Away Comics

84 posts in this topic

where was the Spider-man book from?

It's an anti-smoking book. I got a copy for free from Joe Koch (I think) as a throw-in last time I bought some books from him.

TomG thanks for getting back OT. You have some interesting giveaways.

The Adventures @ ebay is pretty cool, also what year is the "Beware The Booby Trap" from?

It is from 1970

Another Spidey.

There is another version of this SPIDEY book from "91 that is harder to find. you can tell the difference by the top banner which says "MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC."

I have a scan of it if someone could post it here for me. Send a email address to send to me.

Another Spidey.

There is another version of this SPIDEY book from "91 that is harder to find. you can tell the difference by the top banner which says "MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC."

I have a scan of it if someone could post it here for me. Send a email address to send to me.

Here is the variant supplied by Mister_Comics

514341-Spider-Man%20Storm%20Power%20Man%20Variant%20Giveaway.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

589a8ca50a629_514341-Spider-ManStormPowerManVariantGiveaway.jpg.d90172a60f89f9dbc18db9f514ef266b.jpg

here's one i got when me and the wife went to see "shadow of the vampire." a great movie by the way. i wish defoe had won supporting actor for it. he was awesome... (sorry for the crappy pic. scanner not working.)

Picture_053.jpg

and two spidey books near and dear to my heart because they involve two things i truly love: the dallas cowboys and the dallas cowboys cheerleaders: (sorry again for the crappy pics. even if the scanner was working, it doesn't scan slabs - they always come out fuzzy.)

Picture_051.jpg

Picture_050.jpg

Does Marvel own the Dallas Times Herald? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and what a cover layout - you got eager Peter Parker snapping pics across from a panel of Dallas cheerleaders, legs up, flashing gash while Hulk and Spidey are about to pound the phallic headed Leader below tongue.gif27_laughing.gif

Does Marvel own the Dallas Times Herald? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Dallas Times Herald went under a/b 15 years ago. As far as I know they only did 3 books -- the two Spider-Man books and the X-Men at the State Fair of Texas.

As give-aways go they were not too bad. Stories are a bit hokey but what do you expect for free? Of course they are a done-in-one story so I doubt they will be reprinted in a TPB. tongue.gif