• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealers (UK SKY)

5 posts in this topic

Just watched Dealers, a program where dealers buy antiques and collectibles from collectors. Somebody brought in his X-Men collection. 12 books pre-94 and then complete 70, 80, 90 run ant wanted 10K for it. That's 10.000 pounds.... He said 75% was grade 8.5 and over.

Hi didn't get it, but he did get 500 pounds for the 12 early books ($800)

I think this was a new program aired. Anybody seen it or know more about this episode and seller. What do you think abou his asking price?

Was fun to watch.

I saw this show, it's on the Discovery channel, Mondays 9.00 pm.

It's similar to Channel 4's 'Four Rooms' except the dealers all bid on the items at the same time, almost in an auction format.

The seller from Kent was completely deluded and walked in with his briefcase before hilariously declaring his collection was extremely rare and there may not be another X-Men collection this good outside of the Marvel vault (whatever that is ?). He then pulled out a mid-grade, pence copy of X-Men #101, a #266 and a couple of others and sat them solemnly on their stands.

I almost thought he had pulled off a superb bluff on the dealers until he proved he was a fool by turning down an offer of £4,000 / $6,400 for an X-Men run with just 12 mid-grade issues below #94 and an 80% run from the 1980's onwards. :insane:

It clearly showed though just how little mainstream, experienced dealers know about the comic book market. hm

I almost thought he had pulled off a superb bluff on the dealers until he proved he was a fool by turning down an offer of £4,000 / $6,400 for an X-Men run with just 12 mid-grade issues below #94 and an 80% run from the 1980's onwards. :insane:

doh!