• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I WISH...

13 posts in this topic

Good question :)

Few things...

It's Ditko :o

It's Mysterio :o

It's the first time he appeared :o

and I love the angles of Spidey and the city views :o

It might just be me who totally loves it, but I love how twisted his Spidey is, and just people in general.

I wish I owned this page!!

http://romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=15205&ArtistId=1033

AMAZING! :o

That is a great page, crazy price though. :insane:

Is it?

There have been several sales of panel pages not from a main Spidey villain's first appearance at public auction in the last 9-12 months, between $38k and $45k....so I don't know how crazy $33k is for a battle page from Mysterio's first appearance.

Given the private and public cash sales I have seen and heard over the last year I was expecting a higher price when I paged to the bottom of that listing.

(shrug)

Is it?

There have been several sales of panel pages not from a main Spidey villain's first appearance at public auction in the last 9-12 months, between $38k and $45k....so I don't know how crazy $33k is for a battle page from Mysterio's first appearance.

Given the private and public cash sales I have seen and heard over the last year I was expecting a higher price when I paged to the bottom of that listing.

(shrug)

I didn't say the price was out of line with the market, or that there wasn't some way to justify it.

That doesn't make it any less crazy though. hm

Just to add, I echo the original posters sentiments in 'wishing' they could own a Ditko Spidey page.

I LOVE this stuff, but unfortunately the asking prices are now far beyond most collectors reach. :(

Is it?

(shrug)

I didn't say the price was out of line with the market, or that there wasn't some way to justify it.

That doesn't make it any less crazy though. hm

Oh... lol I get it.

It's the world we live in I guess.

Just be glad you don't collect Tin Tin Artwork by Herge.

You could buy a whole lotta Ditko with what one prime piece goes for.... :whistle: