• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metroplolis/ComicConnect-Here is a New Experience!

46 posts in this topic

$175 below BIN price?? If I was the Seller, I'd be pi$$ed too.

Just my 2c.

Even if the BIN price is 50% higher than the last recorded sale?

so he has a high BIN with OBO next to it. I would think he knows what the prices were on comiclink etc, and put the high BIN for negotiating putposes. but that is just me

[i agree that to basically tell the seller that he thought that he was overpricing his book based on a $325 sale elsewhere and then to offer even less than $325 might not be viewed favorably by the seller, and as such, by countering the way he did, the seller was probably just telling him to take a hike.

Seems to be the case, if it's the seller (TT) whom I think it is.

Maybe a better approach would have been to note the $325 CLink sale and offer to split the difference ($150) with a more reasonable offer of $400 if it was a book you truly wanted.

By coming in lowball, I'm guessing that the seller figured it was not worth his time, hence the counterjab.

Honestly, I can see both sides of the story. Unfortunately, as an eBay seller, it does bother me when a prospective buyer sends me an offer or message saying they're interested in my product, but that my price is way over what they think is FMV and that they'll buy it at a significant discount.

I mean, sell me your SA keys for 20% below FMV! The seller in ? isn't me but I would have been slightly pissed based on that offer and text. I don't think I would have countered with that 26 cent discount, but nonetheless, I would have known that the individual who send that lowball offer wasn't going to be a customer anyways.

So is there no good way to question pricing on a key? Everybody seems to want to take offers on non-keys, but completely offended at offers on Keys.

What level of research is required to be documented wrt FMV before an offer can be extended? What is the protocol?

I ask bec. I was looking at an FF 25 the other day, and based on the grade, the shop owner was about $35 over GPA. When I made an offer, he just flat refused. Even though I paired it with other books. I think I came in at about 7% under GPA for a raw book and there was no negotiating at all.

Most of the keys I've bought has been private sellers or auctions.

I've been very happy with my Metro experiences...I have had most of my counteroffers accepted generally offering a price in the 10-15% discount range...And I can attest to Frank being 100% responsive to my emails...sometimes it takes a day or two but he has always gotten back to me...and when a counter wasn't taken Frank always gave me a reason why he couldn't deal on a particular book which I appreciated... (thumbs u

THX AGAIN Frank...looking forward to my next book... :headbang:

Hi tmoore. Honestly, Metropolis replied, but it took a lot. Maybe I should have written "to Frank". ;)

What annoyed me was that I got no response from Worldwide (a similar situation to that described, only I wasn’t "cocky" at all, I just asked for a slight discount, since the book used to be a CGC, and was presented with a higher grade – probably pressed: I liked the book but it was pricey, in the end I bought it so it was my decision, but I would have liked a little communication, at least).

For Metropolis my biggest problem is the FedEx shipping: super-quick but costly to Italy (including the customs: applied through FedEx are higher).

Just my 2c.

It really doesn't matter what the last recorded sale price was. $475 was what the Seller wanted. If potential Buyers thought the price too high, then by all means .. walk away (not ask $175 below the asking price).

However, if the Buyer was genuinely interested in the book, then respectfully suggest a 10%-15% markdown.

Just my 2c.

It really doesn't matter what the last recorded sale price was. $475 was what the Seller wanted. If potential Buyers thought the price too high, then by all means .. walk away (not ask $175 below the asking price).

However, if the Buyer was genuinely interested in the book, then respectfully suggest a 10%-15% markdown.

Business is business....Nothing wrong with making an offer that is low (especially with the make an offer), you can always go up. But the seller was just being an with his response.

Just my 2c.

For most of us, previous sales matter a great deal. I don't see why you'd so quickly dismiss indicators of current market value. The buyer was genuinely interested in the book at current market value, and the seller was welcoming offers. Exchanges like this between a buyer and seller happen every day.