• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Romita Jr. @ Vegas Hard Rock Cafe - May 4-6, 2012

95 posts in this topic

Richard, just wondering, is the number in the bottom right hand corner the number of sketches he had done?

Yes they are all numbered. Part of a world record effort.

I remember watching that Cap piece get drawn. John hates drawing the chain mail on Cap. lol But it turned out GREAT. Congrats Richard and again thanks for coming out to support this great event.

Thanks for organizing this great event!

I remember watching that Cap piece get drawn. John hates drawing the chain mail on Cap. lol But it turned out GREAT. Congrats Richard and again thanks for coming out to support this great event.

Not that Chandler didn't do a great job witnessing, but I believe the Romita's organized this, not DWC. I'm sure Chandler will correct me if im wrong, and i apologize if i am.

Not that Chandler didn't do a great job witnessing, but I believe the Romita's organized this, not DWC. I'm sure Chandler will correct me if im wrong, and i apologize if i am.

Brian,

Sorry but Chandler, Derick, and Joe had been working on the event with Kathy for about 5 months and DWC was listed as one of the original sponsors. You might have noticed Chandler at all the cons talking to the creators, drumming up support. DWC does about one charity event per year. Many might remember the Stan Lee Tribute where we raised over $20,000, with the help of CGC, for the Stan Lee Foundation for Children's Literacy.

Sharon

Brian,

Sorry but Chandler, Derick, and Joe had been working on the event with Kathy for about 5 months and DWC was listed as one of the original sponsors. You might have noticed Chandler at all the cons talking to the creators, drumming up support. DWC does about one charity event per year. Many might remember the Stan Lee Tribute where we raised over $20,000, with the help of CGC, for the Stan Lee Foundation for Children's Literacy.

Sharon

So was he an organizer or a sponsor? (shrug)

Brian,

Sharon

Chris,

Why don't you and or Brian explain to all of us what my participation was since you both were there and involved? We would love to hear your expert opinion.

Brian,

Sharon

Chris,

Why don't you and or Brian explain to all of us what my participation was since you both were there and involved? We would love to hear your expert opinion.

How would I know? That's why it was a question with what seemed like a simple answer. I wasn't there so I asked you, since you were. Several have asked you several times and the answers lead to more questions.

So I don't need to give my opinion, and since this is how you answer the question, I'll just ask Kathy and John directly. They won't have a problem answering directly.

From having organized some very big charity events in the past, I've found it helpful to give people as much information as possible. When we had a silent auction, it was clear to people the items were donated and all monies collected went straight to charity. For the food side, we made it clear to people that all the profits went to charity. For raffles, part went to prizes and part went to the charity.

What was the breakdown for DWC's side of this event? I know there was a lot of $$ coming through (sketches, sketch cover books, CGC submission fees, etc.) Did all the profits go to charity? Was it a percentage? Like I said, the more information people have, the more they are going to want to contribute to good causes like these.

Brian,

Sharon

Chris,

What are you jumping on me for? I said I "believe', based on what I read. And I also apologized, in advance, if I was wrong. Am I wrong?

So while Sharon had previously made a statement, you guys are not happy with that information and seem to demand to know more. Chris you have stated that you want more answers and that since we have not answered your question to your satisfacation that you will call John and Kathy directly. It seems that everyone expects to know all the details of DWC's business. Being that John just texted me, I will be happy to let him know you will calling him but might I suggest you wait a few days as John is currently suffering from laryngitis.

Simply, we were one of three organizers from the beginning of this project that worked closely with Kathy and John and we were listed as a sponsor as well. Alot of people stepped up to help put this event on including Kathy's entire family and a large group of local volunteers. It is that simple.