• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keeping the ladies at bay...

46 posts in this topic

I tell all my wifes friends and family that I suffer from naggia, which I then describe as an ear infection. This eventually gets back to her and she feels a little guilty and occassionally eases up. The friends/family also chime in with 'leave the poor boy alone'. Not only does this mean that I can sometimes buy comics, but I also get to eat the odd doughnut too.

The best solution is the storage facility. My collection/obsession had gotten to the point that my family room, basement, attic and assorted corner and closets were filled with comics and cards. I filled one storage room and than rented the room next to mine and am filling that up. The attic is empty, the closets have clothes in them again, and the corners are clean. The family room is the current project.

Since I've moved all this stuff my wife has been much more understanding about my buying. Now she only asks me to slow down on the buying a bit crazy.gif

The best solution is the storage facility. My collection/obsession had gotten to the point that my family room, basement, attic and assorted corner and closets were filled with comics and cards. I filled one storage room and than rented the room next to mine and am filling that up. The attic is empty, the closets have clothes in them again, and the corners are clean. The family room is the current project.

Since I've moved all this stuff my wife has been much more understanding about my buying. Now she only asks me to slow down on the buying a bit crazy.gif

Storage space can get costly on a month to month basis, especially one that has any sort of climate control and is off the ground level (in case of flooding). I guess I could stack them on pallets, but I think I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it smile.gif

Storage space can get costly on a month to month basis, especially one that has any sort of climate control and is off the ground level (in case of flooding).

It is a bit costly. The 2 rooms I have are on the second floor of the facility and are climate controlled. They are 8 x 10 and cost about $90 a month for each. But the piece of mind is well worth it. cloud9.gif