• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put on your helmets, the sky is falling...

374 posts in this topic

Does this mean I might actually get back a few pennies on the dollar for my 2 long boxes of pre unity Valiants?!? :wishluck:

I will literally give you a few pennies for each pre-Unity Valiant comic you have. (thumbs u

So I'm not getting the $125 I paid for Harbinger 1?!? Not even the $100-125 I paid for each of the Gold 0 or #1 issues??? The guy at the LCS told me they were a " great investment" so I assume their value has doubled or tripled right? :whee:

I sold a NM Harbinger 1 on eBay last week for $100. I sold a VF for $50 the week before that.

Before you ridicule, you may want to inform yourself. :baiting:

Oh my god! I can't believe I'm having to argue that Valiants have plummeted in value since their peaks! :facepalm:

Those same Harbingers were going for absolute minimum double to TRIPLE that and more 20 years ago! What the hell are you guys arguing?!? Would you want a stock that you bought in 1992 for $150 to be worth $50 now???

Lighten up Francis! I was joking around and exaggerating :facepalm:

Not by much though! Jesus Christ you guys are touchy! This is CG not some Modern thread you created titled "I love my Valiants and will defend them to the death!" :baiting:

I'm seeing a common denominator in many of the threads you post in and it's you. I once suggested jokingly that you switch to decaf. Do that and also lay off the amphetamines. :baiting:

+1

I agree that posting how much something someone likes/collects or the manner in which they do so sucks or is wrong is bound to upset people. You may only intend it as a joke but sarcasm doesn't always translate well through a post on a message board. Rather than typing whatever comes to mind and hitting "Submit" you might want to read through your post to determine if the point you're trying to make comes across the way you're intending it to. No one like to be told that what they enjoy is stupid/worthless/sucks.

True, but i NEVER said they were worthless, stupid or Valiant sucks. What i said is they are worth FAR less than at their height. How anyone is arguing against that is beyond me. Some of the people getting upset said their self that Rai 4 is now a $15-20 book. I'm sure they'll now say that even at its height, it never sold for more than $5 but that was a absolute minimum $60,$80, $100 book at its height. 20 years later, its worth 1/4 of that!

The freaking OP STARTED this thread with a title implying the fact that they are going for decent prices now means the sky is falling for gods sake! If he's going to cry himself to sleep everytime someone says Valiants arent worth nearly what they used to be, he's in for a LOT of sleepless nights!

Again, this is COMICS GENERAL, not some thread he started in Modern about how much he loves his Valiants that i crapped in. It never occurred to me based on the TITLE OF HIS OWN THREAD that he would throw a hissy fit from me joking that they're worth a 1/4 of what i paid for them now ???

I'm not seeing anything you posted in this thread out of line.

Does this mean I might actually get back a few pennies on the dollar for my 2 long boxes of pre unity Valiants?!? :wishluck:

I will literally give you a few pennies for each pre-Unity Valiant comic you have. (thumbs u

So I'm not getting the $125 I paid for Harbinger 1?!? Not even the $100-125 I paid for each of the Gold 0 or #1 issues??? The guy at the LCS told me they were a " great investment" so I assume their value has doubled or tripled right? :whee:

I sold a NM Harbinger 1 on eBay last week for $100. I sold a VF for $50 the week before that.

Oh my god! I can't believe I'm having to argue that Valiants have plummeted in value since their peaks! :facepalm:

Those same Harbingers were going for absolute minimum double to TRIPLE that and more 20 years ago! What the hell are you guys arguing?!? Would you want a stock that you bought in 1992 for $150 to be worth $50 now???

Not by much though! Jesus Christ you guys are touchy! This is CG not some Modern thread you created titled "I love my Valiants and will defend them to the death!" :baiting:

I'm seeing a common denominator in many of the threads you post in and it's you. I once suggested jokingly that you switch to decaf. Do that and also lay off the amphetamines. :baiting:

+1

I agree that posting how much something someone likes/collects or the manner in which they do so sucks or is wrong is bound to upset people. You may only intend it as a joke but sarcasm doesn't always translate well through a post on a message board. Rather than typing whatever comes to mind and hitting "Submit" you might want to read through your post to determine if the point you're trying to make comes across the way you're intending it to. No one like to be told that what they enjoy is stupid/worthless/sucks.

True, but i NEVER said they were worthless, stupid or Valiant sucks. What i said is they are worth FAR less than at their height. How anyone is arguing against that is beyond me. Some of the people getting upset said their self that Rai 4 is now a $15-20 book. I'm sure they'll now say that even at its height, it never sold for more than $5 but that was a absolute minimum $60,$80, $100 book at its height. 20 years later, its worth 1/4 of that!

The freaking OP STARTED this thread with a title implying the fact that they are going for decent prices now means the sky is falling for gods sake! If he's going to cry himself to sleep everytime someone says Valiants arent worth nearly what they used to be, he's in for a LOT of sleepless nights!

Again, this is COMICS GENERAL, not some thread he started in Modern about how much he loves his Valiants that i crapped in. It never occurred to me based on the TITLE OF HIS OWN THREAD that he would throw a hissy fit from me joking that they're worth a 1/4 of what i paid for them now ???

No, but he seems to say it TO THE EXTREME AND ON FULL VOLUME AS IF HE'S DRANK 13 MOUNTAIN DEWS, 9 CUPS OF ESPRESSO, AND 26 RED BULLS!!!!!!

I get it, Sufunk is intense. However, he should realize that his posting style gets under the skin of some people. We are seeing it in this very thread, as well as others.

+1

No, but he seems to say it TO THE EXTREME AND ON FULL VOLUME AS IF HE'S DRANK 13 MOUNTAIN DEWS, 9 CUPS OF ESPRESSO, AND 26 RED BULLS!!!!!!

I get it, Sufunk is intense. However, he should realize that his posting style gets under the skin of some people. We are seeing it in this very thread, as well as others.

Honestly, i really could care less if it gets under the skin of people. What some people on the internet i'll never meet think about my posting style is as far down the list of what i care about as it can get. If the way i post rubs you the wrong way, either ignore me or flame on, either one, i really dont care. Theres plenty of people that have zero problem with how i post so if it annoys you, so be it, thats what the ignore function is for (thumbs u

Honestly, i really could care less if it gets under the skin of people. What some people on the internet i'll never meet think about my posting style is as far down the list of what i care about as it can get. If the way i post rubs you the wrong way, either ignore me or flame on, either one, i really dont care. Theres plenty of people that have zero problem with how i post so if it annoys you, so be it, thats what the ignore function is for (thumbs u

(thumbs u

@sufunk: In electronic writing, typing all-caps is like shouting when you speak. :eek:

If the way i post rubs you the wrong way, either ignore me or flame on, either one, i really dont care.

Ehm… :hi: Not to be bugging, but the fact you don’t care doesn’t mean it’s unharmful to others.

In fact, the problem may be precisely not that you write by impulse, but that you say you don’t care afterwards. ;)

On Valiant: I have never been a Magnus or Turok reader (although they were published in Italy in the 1970s) and when Shooter launched Valiant I couldn’t relate so much, since I barely knew the characters.

But although I am not a big Shooter fan, I quite enjoyed Defiant. I was probably the only italian guy buying multiple copies of issues to give away as presents.

Especially Dark Dominion, the title was brilliant, at least up to the point Shooter decided there was a need for "crossovers".

BTW my nickname has nothing to do with Valiant, but with this:

classici-audacia-6.jpg

No one is going to argue that Valiants are worth less than what they were at their height in the 90's. I don't think anyone is getting upset here they were trying to inform you the market has changed.

What the OP was joking about was people have been complaining about their Valiants being worthless and here an X-O #1 raw just sold for $115. He was poking fun at people nothing to get overly excited about.

I don't know where this hissy fit occured, I must have missed that part of the discussion.

+1

Personally, I think you come in too fast and too hard sometimes with your words.

That's what Jeffro meant by the caffeine and amphetamines references.

When you come in hard and fast, you might miss the point of what people are discussing.

In this case, I think the OP might be tongue in cheek. The mantra of this board for over 10 years has been that whenever moderns fetch silly prices the sky is falling (just go read Comic_Investor or Joe Collector's old posts). I think he was just having a little fun with that line of thinking, that's all.

@sufunk: In electronic writing, typing all-caps is like shouting when you speak. :eek:

If the way i post rubs you the wrong way, either ignore me or flame on, either one, i really dont care.

Ehm… :hi: Not to be bugging, but the fact you don’t care doesn’t mean it’s unharmful to others.

In fact, the problem may be precisely not that you write by impulse, but that you say you don’t care afterwards. ;)

On Valiant: I have never been a Magnus or Turok reader (although they were published in Italy in the 1970s) and when Shooter launched Valiant I couldn’t relate so much, since I barely knew the characters.

But although I am not a big Shooter fan, I quite enjoyed Defiant. I was probably the only italian guy buying multiple copies of issues to give away as presents.

Especially Dark Dominion, the title was brilliant, at least up to the point Shooter decided there was a need for "crossovers".

classici-audacia-6.jpg

Explain to me how anything i said in this thread was more hurtful or insulting than the people who said basically anyone paying those prices must have an IQ of 25 before i posted anything???

Some people here dont like me, im perfectly fine with that. If theres something im passionate about, i have no problem letting it be known regardless if that upsets people. Thats rubbed some people the wrong way over my time here and i'm fine with that. I dont care if everyone likes me or the way i post.

Just to be clear though, THIS thread, i didnt care about. I was joking around since the low value of Valiants have pretty much been a running joke for the last 15 years. If people want to take everything i say 100% literally or assume i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, then like i said either ignore me or flame me, i'm fine with either one (thumbs u

classici-audacia-6.jpg

Wow it looks cool. Can you give me some history about it,as unfortunately my American isolatism is kicking in here.

+1

Personally, I think you come in too fast and too hard sometimes with your words.

That's what Jeffro meant by the caffeine and amphetamines references.

When you come in hard and fast, you might miss the point of what people are discussing.

In this case, I think the OP might be tongue in cheek. The mantra of this board for over 10 years has been that whenever moderns fetch silly prices the sky is falling (just go read Comic_Investor or Joe Collector's old posts). I think he was just having a little fun with that line of thinking, that's all.

Well, if i missed the meaning it had nothing to do with coming in hard and fast. The mantra of this board and any other the last 10 years is that you pretty much couldnt give away Valiants until very recently. Nothing i said was any different than the joking around the other 10 people who posted before me said. people want to hold grudges from threads weeks, months and years ago so thats fine. Like i said, it doesnt bother me at all. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest.

Personally, i think you take too long to get your Registered mail delivered! :baiting:

Feel free to take that as me screaming at the top of my lungs jacked up on amphetamines if you'd like :screwy:

No offense intended but I have sold Pre-Unity Valiants off my website and wasn't giving them away. Granted they were 9.6/9.8 copies but I'm generally not a follower of the modern threads so I probably missed the joke for the last 15 years.

No offense intended but I have sold Pre-Unity Valiants off my website and wasn't giving them away. Granted they were 9.6/9.8 copies but I'm generally not a follower of the modern threads so I probably missed the joke for the last 15 years.

Oh lord, yes uber HG of pretty much anything gets decent prices. Lower than 9.6, let me take a look at the prices.

Hmmm, Solar 10's last 9.4 sale on gpa was for $15. NO 9.4 copy has sold for more than $16 in the last 3 years. My copy is probably a 9.4ish copy and i paid probably like $60 or more. Almost all my pre unity Valiants are still in the original bags with the price i paid on them. I'll dig them out tonight and we'll see how many of them are worth what i paid. I'll guess zero unless im lucky and have a few 9.8+ copies.

Regardless, i was JOKING just like the people saying paying the prices in the 1st post must have an IQ under 25! doh!

Feel free to take that as me screaming at the top of my lungs jacked up on amphetamines if you'd like :screwy:

You remind me of an old WKRP episode. You're Del. lol

BUCKY DORNSTER

Take it up with my union.

DEL MURDOCH

Union! I don't want any trouble with unions I hate unions however I'm all for 'em don't forget I said that.

BUCKY DORNSTER

Speed kills, Del.

JOHNNY 'DR. FEVER' CARAVELLA

You got some coffee here?

DEL MURDOCH

[speed-talking] Coffee we got it yeah not just for you either. Customers get the same treatment you'll see it's the kinda guy I am just don't touch anything though this is very important just don't touch the merchandise!

JOHNNY 'DR. FEVER' CARAVELLA

Uh-huh. Speed kills, Del.