• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mostly Pedigree Sale: CGC-Certified Atlas Pre-Code Horror

97 posts in this topic

Though I focus only on the war themed part of the run, I can personally attest to the difficulty of trying to find decent copies of this title. Its a bugger of a title to try and collect in anything approaching mid to high grade.

Yeah, just try and find a 23 or 25 in grade!

I heard that someone has a high grade 25 but just doesn't share :sorry:

Though I focus only on the war themed part of the run, I can personally attest to the difficulty of trying to find decent copies of this title. Its a bugger of a title to try and collect in anything approaching mid to high grade.

I heard that someone has a high grade 25 but just doesn't share :sorry:

His parents are very disappointed.

This weekend is going to be devoted to honoring the various mothers in my immediate family's collective life. As a result, my next offering will not hit the wires until Monday late afternoon, say around 5:00 PM PDT.

Many thanks to all who stopped by this evening. :foryou:

Menace #5 (Jul 1953, Aurora Pedigree). CGC Grade = 7.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #4. Price = $1600.

Purchased from Executive Collectibles Gallery during their auction-based initial release of the Aurora Collection in 1996.

Menace05-70-AU.jpg th_Menace05-70-AUb.jpg

One of the toughest books to find in this grade. Nice pages!

Strange Tales #10 (Sep 1952, Díck Ayers File Copy). CGC Grade = 7.5 cr-ow. Census Rank = #3. Price = $860.

Signed by Díck Ayers on the first page of the last story. Purchased from Jim Payette in 1996 (along with several other comics from Ayers’ personal collection).

029.jpg th_030.jpg

(worship):applause:

Which of these had the lamp shade story Dan?

23 is the lampshade story, did you keep yours? 25 is the decapitated head cover

23 is the lampshade story, did you keep yours? 25 is the decapitated head cover

Banks got the 23...............with a promise to sell it back to me if he ever gets rid of it

Just incredible. :o

The Manace in this thread (worship) are amazing

Is that Italian for sumthin? :insane:

I'll take an Italian sub with pickles and mustard, hold the manace.

Sounded like man and if that's what it is, I'll pass.

Strange Tales #10 (Sep 1952, Díck Ayers File Copy). CGC Grade = 7.5 cr-ow. Census Rank = #3. Price = $860. :takeit:

Signed by Díck Ayers on the first page of the last story. Purchased from Jim Payette in 1996 (along with several other comics from Ayers’ personal collection).

Sold via PM. I sincerely appreciate the repeat business! (worship)

Menace #8 (Oct 1953). CGC Grade = 6.0 cr-ow. Census Rank = #5. Price = $320.

A very bright and glossy mid-grade specimen. Rusty staples with light rust staining to the back cover.

Menace08-60.jpg th_Menace08-60b.jpg

:takeit: Go ahead and add this one to my stack.

Menace #5 (Jul 1953, Aurora Pedigree). CGC Grade = 7.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #4. Price = $1600. :takeit:

Purchased from Executive Collectibles Gallery during their auction-based initial release of the Aurora Collection in 1996.

Menace05-70-AU.jpg th_Menace05-70-AUb.jpg

Sold via PM. A truly awesome pick-up. Many, many thanks! :headbang::headbang: