• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice

8 posts in this topic

On May 13 I purchased 3 comics from a reputable seller - this seller has over 3400 positive feedbacks and I myself have purchased from them many times. The comics I purchased however were not through ebay - it was done outside ebay. I've yet to receive them. I emailed him several times. One email said comics were mailed on a Monday. About two weeks later and some emails from me he told me he had forgotten to mail the comics. He was mailing them right away. On June 6 he asked me for my mailing address so he could check to see what happened to them. I sent him mailing address. I've not heard from him since and I;ve emailed him various times to make sure he got my address - not a single reply since then. I used paypal to pay for the comics. I wonder what are my options now?

The only piece of vital info I sent him over email was mailing address. Don't know what anyone can do with that alone? Any ideas? 893frustrated.gif

Wait a little longer. Try and contact him. Keeps copies of all your attempts. If you don't hear from him, contact the Post Office. You have record of payment thru Paypal. File a claim against thru the PO for mail fraud. confused-smiley-013.gif

Dunno if this will work, but it sounds good wink.gif

I would give them the benefit of the doubt being that you've dealt with them in past. Bring up your past history as a customer and advise them that you are feeling a bit nervous because the transaction was done off ebay. Hopefully they will want to keep you as a repeat buyer and will reassure you that all is well . If you still hear nothing ...then I would consider notifying your credit card company and filing a claim. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hold em' by the feet over a ledge and if he doesn't cough up the order, let go. devil.gif He may have deleted the emails by accident mistaking them for spam. They were most likely looking for an ebay header on the email list and didnt find it because it was an off ebay transaction. I would also express my concern and bring up the fact that this is the first time you have had difficulty with them and let them know you enjoy trading with them but hope they remedy the situation asap. Give them a bit more time and send them all the email receipts you have and let them know that you are keeping them all for your own "RECORDS". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it shortly after. Letting them know you plan on doing a chargeback off your credit card will also put gears into motion much faster. No one wants a chargeback. Good luck

File a complaint with Paypal for non-delivery. This can only be done within 30 days after that you've lost your opportunity. Paypal will contact the seller and ask for his response, then they will investigate. It will still give the seller time to turn up the books, but protects you as well.

Must be filed within 30 days!!!