• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about the Avenger the Vision

49 posts in this topic

I understand that Ultron used Wonder Man's brain waves as a template when creating Vision, so my questions are:

1) Is there some significant reason that Wonder Man's brain patterns had to be used, could Ultron have used anybody's brain patterns, or is it just because Wonder Man's brain patterns happened to be lying around?

2) To what extent is Vision Simon Williams? Is he like him, not like him, a starting point for him, does he think he's Simon, or is he Simon?

Thanks

Kevin

I understand that Ultron used Wonder Man's brain waves as a template when creating Vision, so my questions are:

1) Is there some significant reason that Wonder Man's brain patterns had to be used, could Ultron have used anybody's brain patterns, or is it just because Wonder Man's brain patterns happened to be lying around?

It could have been anyone, but I don't thinnk they were in the habit of storing tons of brain patterns, so there weren't many to choose from

2) To what extent is Vision Simon Williams? Is he like him, not like him, a starting point for him, does he think he's Simon, or is he Simon?

His personality is based on Simon Williams' personality, but he is his own person. They began to think of each other as brothers in the 80's.

Thanks

Kevin

It could have been anyone, but I don't thinnk they were in the habit of storing tons of brain patterns, so there weren't many to choose from

His personality is based on Simon Williams' personality, but he is his own person. They began to think of each other as brothers in the 80's.

Thanks

Kevin

Vision nerd. Was it explained in Avengers 134 or 135?

xoxo

greggy

I loved this story line back in the day.

Is there some reference as to which stories were critical?

It seemed to develop over hundreds of issues so i don't suppose there is.

Agent Coulson to be the next Vision

Thanks

Kevin

xoxo

greggy

IMG00695-20111206-2044.jpg

IMG00698-20111206-2047.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

xoxo

greggy

IMG00695-20111206-2044.jpg

IMG00698-20111206-2047.jpg

Man, I don't even like Marvels and I still knew the numbers.

Woo hoo.

The Vision always has and always will be my all time favorite superhero. He's pretty much the reason why Ive been into comics the last 30+ years. In my mind, he's without question the coolest superhero with the most awesome powers :cloud9:

All you schlubs that have been ignoring him all these years better jump on the bandwagon quick before he stars in one of the sequels and overtakes Superman as the greatest hero EVER!!! :baiting:

:preach:

Isn't his body the original human torch's body?

Yes, the Thinker wanted to rebuild him, but couldn't. Ultron came to the Thinker demanding him to build him a robot he could call his son. The Thinker told Ultron to take the HT's body as he couldn't get it working.

Thanks

Kevin

[font:Book Antiqua]Don’t listen to the old farts,

The Vision/Wonder man relationship

make more sense under Kurt Busiek run in the avengers...[/font]

(thumbs u

566990.jpg

Isn't his body the original human torch's body? Also, I think he died recently and came back and that young kang kid was the vision for a while. The vision has to have one of the more complicated histories of anyone.

His origin was made even more unnecessarily complicated a few years ago in order to explain why the Vision and the Human Torch were both running around at the same time. I forget the exact details but the Visions body was split off of the Human Torch by some time manipulating device. :P

They used Wonder Man's brain waves because, at the time, Wonder Man was dead...in the transitory deadness that some super heroes fall into from time to time. He got over it.

The Vision sucks.

His collar is too big (and he has pointy elbows).

+1

Creepy eyes too...and an android making whoopee with Wanda?

:sick:

The Vision sucks.

His collar is too big (and he has pointy elbows).

+1

Creepy eyes too...and an android making whoopee with Wanda?

:sick:

He was a Real Doll before Real Dolls Existed